Home

Overeem's chin. . .

This is a discussion on Overeem's chin. . . within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Overeem's chin. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Feel free to list any other ratings here that are completely backwards.
Thought that's what this was for? https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=925906

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I need to watch the fight with that said his history hurts him a bit. He’s been ko’d by every heavy hitter he’s faced in the last 10 yrs ( Fedor, Rogers, Kharitonov, Stipe, Francis, Overeem) and was rocked in the Browne fight.
But with a chin rating of 84, you don't need to be a heavy hitter to rock and drop the dude. After his KO loss to Ngannou (who can drop anybody) he's beaten some younger guys in Albini and Struve. Tuivasa hits like a damned truck, and Arlovski was able to hang with him and get off his own combinations.

Not saying he should get a massive bump, but maybe up to 86 or 87?

Last edited by MeowingForVengeance; 06-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
But with a chin rating of 84, you don't need to be a heavy hitter to rock and drop the dude. After his KO loss to Ngannou (who can drop anybody) he's beaten some younger guys in Albini and Struve. Tuivasa hits like a damned truck, and even if Arlovski didn't get the win he looked pretty damn good.

Not saying he should get a massive bump, just up to 86 or 87? I guess it depends on where Overeem's chin ends up.

In your opinion, should his chin be better than Overeem’s right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #12
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In your opinion, should his chin be better than Overeem’s right now?
I'd put Arlovski's on the same level. 88 (where Overeem is currently) may be a little too high for either fighter.

They've both gotten KO'd a lot, but by guys who hit really, really hard. So they shouldn't have a super-low chin like poor Ben Nguyen (who I think is at like an 80, which is insane). But neither should they be rated as high as Mark Hunt, who you basically have to kill to stop.

I'd rather see more fighters get a slight boost to chin rating than see Overeem's get tanked, personally. I want more viable fighters in the game, not fewer.

The blanket approach of giving past-their-prime guys bad chins and bad stamina--whether appropriate or not--is something I'm really not in favor of. I'd like to see older fighters balanced with more nuance like Forrest Griffin is in the game, who's a decent all-arounder who lacks power.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #13
Rookie

I would just like to take this opportunity to address the people who claimed that fighters don't get KO'd from ground positions as if that were just unrealistic. Please watch the Blades vs Overeem fight to remedy your ignorance.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
Banned

I had to step in for Reem here. Not a Reem fan, but we need to be honest.

He was not KO'd he was stopped against Blades and if a 255LB man elbowed anyone like that the result would be the same.

Also think about who knocked him out

Ngannou - A man who has KOd almost everyone he has faced.
Stipe - 5 of his last 6 wins against highly ranked dudes were all stoppages.

Lets talk about who Reem has faced who did NOT KO him (Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson, JDS, and Arlovski). To survive against those guys you can take a hit.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I'd put Arlovski's on the same level. 88 (where Overeem is currently) may be a little too high for either fighter.

They've both gotten KO'd a lot, but by guys who hit really, really hard. So they shouldn't have a super-low chin like poor Ben Nguyen (who I think is at like an 80, which is insane). But neither should they be rated as high as Mark Hunt, who you basically have to kill to stop.

I'd rather see more fighters get a slight boost to chin rating than see Overeem's get tanked, personally. I want more viable fighters in the game, not fewer.

The blanket approach of giving past-their-prime guys bad chins and bad stamina--whether appropriate or not--is something I'm really not in favor of.
I'd like to see older fighters balanced with more nuance like Forrest Griffin is in the game, who's a decent all-arounder who lacks power.
There isnt a blanket approach though. Rampage has a good chin rating and he's past his prime. Griffin has a good stamina rating and he's retired. It depends completely on the fighter.

Whats funny is I had a long debate about viability with one of the GCs this week and he feels the way you do. So we were discussing a fighter that we CLEARLY misrated when it comes to speed (I wont name him because it could clue you in on a change we are making). He's past his prime and the rating we gave him was probably a little high even in his prime. I suggested a nerf because he clearly wasnt properly rated in that category and it appears to be a mistake (that happens when you rate 250 plus fighters in 20 plus categories).

My fellow GC was pissed that I suggested the nerf because changing that stat will make him less viable. He didnt try to justify it based on performance and even admitted that the rating was too high. His sole justification was for balance reasons.

I disagree with that. IMO, the game is supposed to be a current representation of the sport. If someone gets KO's 3 times in a row and his chin rating is high....he probably needs to be nerfed even if that means he's less effective in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
I had to step in for Reem here. Not a Reem fan, but we need to be honest.

He was not KO'd he was stopped against Blades and if a 255LB man elbowed anyone like that the result would be the same.

Also think about who knocked him out

Ngannou - A man who has KOd almost everyone he has faced.
Stipe - 5 of his last 6 wins against highly ranked dudes were all stoppages.

Lets talk about who Reem has faced who did NOT KO him (Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson, JDS, and Arlovski). To survive against those guys you can take a hit.
Even if, the point is dude is out here with a higher chin stat than some guys who have shown better chins than him in their career's. Reem hasn't just started getting ko'd you know? Sure he had a better chin in the past, but majority of his losses in his career were by ko. Like why does he have a higher chin stat than Big Nog and even Arlovski? If his chin stat shouldn't get lowered, then theirs definitely needs to be raised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »