Home

The Stamina System

This is a discussion on The Stamina System within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
The Stamina System

Yup we all know it's still not right, but its much better than it was when we started. Of course ppl are still throwing waay too many strikes per round and not being properly taxed. So here's two things I feel could be done to put us in a more realistic place with the stamina. It all revolves around more long term stamina taxes and not short term.

More Long Term Tax on Missed Strikes: The strikes that just hit air. With these strikes having more long term stamina tax, making ppl miss without dodging and by simply using good footwork will actually matter more. For example, say you hit your opponent, get outta dodge and he swings 4 hooks that all miss and hit nothing but air...that should have a more significant long term tax.

Less Recovery Stamina in between Rounds:This would be for throwing too many strikes per round of course. The way I see this working is there would be a strike limit or threshold per round. I'd put it to be about 99 strikes. So basically throwing over 99 strikes in a round will start chipping into your recovery stamina. The more you throw over the limit, the less recovery stamina you will have to recover with when you go to your corner. This is the way I feel it should have been. The way they have it now is like you just have a base amount and it will use as much as it needs to recover your stamina. This is how ppl throw ridiculous amounts of strikes and then come out with near full stamina in the next round. It shouldnt be like that. The more you throw, the less you should have available to recover with.

Idk if devs will do anything more with the stamina system tbh. Especially with some players crying that a more realistic stamina system will make the game less fun. Just a few ideas though.

Last edited by WarMMA; 06-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 02:14 AM   #2
Pro

Re: The Stamina System

I'm all for a smarter stamina system. I agree with your big picture, but definitely disagree with the implementation of anything artificial - such as a hard cap on number of strikes (before xyz penalty is assessed).

I'm all for a mechanic that better recognizes intelligent and economical energy output, and penalizes those who fight in a way that might be considered naive, or just energy inefficient.

Not all strikes are equal - not in potential damage, nor in (long and short-term) stamina tax.

While annoying, a jab heavy strategy isn't necessarily going to be taxing on stamina compared to repetitive 4 strike combos, or heavy use of spin/jump techniques.

Obviously, this idea is already in the game, but still really favors people who memorize combos whether they are tactically thoughtful in output. Hell, I'm not very good, so I have a hard time with some guys who appear to just swing and bet (correctly) that I'll wilt before they tire.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-19-2018 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Repeat sentence
Old 06-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I'm all for a smarter stamina system. I agree with your big picture, but definitely disagree with the implementation of anything artificial - such as a hard cap on number of strikes (before xyz penalty is assessed).

I'm all for a mechanic that better recognizes intelligent and economical energy output, and penalizes those who fight in a way that might be considered naive, or just energy inefficient.

Not all strikes are equal - not in potential damage, nor in (long and short-term) stamina tax.

While annoying, a jab heavy strategy isn't necessarily going to be taxing on stamina compared to repetitive 4 strike combos, or heavy use of spin/jump techniques.

Obviously, this idea is already in the game, but still really favors people who memorize combos whether they are tactically thoughtful in output. Hell, I'm not very good, so I have a hard time with some guys who appear to just swing and bet (correctly) that I'll wilt before they tire.
Yh the cap thing was just a quick idea really, but basically what I really want is something that will reward efficiency and punish reckless players who have no regard for strike output. Something where throwing ridiculous amounts of strikes can cause you to recover less, to even nothing when you head bqck to your corner. FNC had this right...idk why they didnt just follow that blueprint. But the way it is now isnt right. Whether its in this game or the next, something has to change to where long term stamina is affected more realistically
Old 06-19-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

As it is now, you can throw 100 strikes / round and have full stamina the next round . if you do not miss them, you can go for 120 . so even blocked strikes must have a little more stamina impact .

100% agree with stamina regen , but not only between rounds, also between combos .

Right now, we can throw 1-2 , pause a second, go for a hard 4 strike combo and in maximum 2 seconds stamina is full, we can go striking again

Also, when you get stunned / rocked, stamina climbs up very fast, in 2 seconds you have all your stamina, while being rocked

I know, the block sistem makes it so that we require lots of strikes to break down the block ... well then, maybe the block needs changed
Old 06-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

+100 for Missed Strikes resulting in more long term stamina drain!

Like OP said, stamina system has improved, but needs a bit more tweaking.

Heavyweights throwing 110+ strikes....with 35% accuracy....but coming out with 95%+ stamina in round 2....just has to go.

As I've harped on before, I think the LECs have the ideal or near-ideal stamina levels for this game.

You can certainly throw 80, 90, even 100+ strikes in the first round of an LEC match --- but you better be doing a lot of damage, b/c you won't be able to keep that pace up all fight (or even for two rounds) so you better get a quick Knockout or at least knock down your opponent a couple times to make up for the stamina drain.

Conversely, if you're someone like me who prefers to throw 60-70 strikes per round but with very high accuracy (especially sig strike accuracy) --- you can pace yourself, play defense, and pick an overly aggressive fighter apart.

I think the following changes to *ranked* would make the stamina system so much better:

* +10% Stamina Tax for Blocked Strikes; to balance this, blocked strikes cause 10% more damage to Blocking Power

* +25% Stamina Tax for Missed or Evaded Strikes

* +100% Stamina Tax for Missed Takedowns (but also make it a bit easier to score takedowns....as they're too difficult right now IMO)

Really hope they consider tuning the stamina so that Ranked matches using A and A+ type fighters are more like using an LEC fighter. Fingers crossed
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
Banned

The approach that 4 hooks hitting air costs you like 20 times more stamina than 4 hooks connecting is wrong imho. Just give blocked and connecting strikes more stamina tax. Can't be that difficult. But you have to take into account that those overly competitive, broken stamina abusing cry babies won't allow it anyway. Also the Devs ...
Old 06-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #7
MVP

I don’t think anything should be changed about stamina except recovery based on how many strikes you throw. If you throw 100+ strikes in the round your recovery should be 25% of what it would have been. Right now I believe recovery percentages are static. Based entirely off your Endurance stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh thats the main thing I really want changed. Recovery in between rounds based on the amount of strikes thrown. FNC had this on point. If you went to crazy in a round you could potentially end up recovering little to nothing. But in this game ppl are throwing everyrhing including the kitchen sink and coming in the next round with near full stamina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »