Home

Cant stand these magnetic strikes

This is a discussion on Cant stand these magnetic strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 02:04 PM   #73
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cant stand these magnetic strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Yeah it's downright annoying, sway into their power side? I guess it adds some diversity. The way I look at it, since the overhand arched over it is considered a straight punch for a small period and then turns into a hook towards the end which lands away from the power side.
Yh its annoying for sure. I mean I hate to be the "irl" guy all the time, but I actually train and I slip to the opposite side of hooks and overhands in sparring all the time against decent guys in the gym. I've learned from professional trainers and pro fighters so I think the advice is pretty legit? If its the lead hand ill slip and roll just to be safe, but if its the rear, I can slip to the opposite side no problem once im guaging distance well. And the reason this works is cuz when you slip to a side you also dip at the waist, so your basically slipping and ducking at the same time. According to EAs game game though, this isnt so.

Last edited by WarMMA; 06-25-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #74
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Okay, whats headmovement used for, its used for dodging strikes primarily, thats defense.
Away it can be used for offense is by leaning forward to set up pull counters. Headmovement allows for faster counters over blocking but is primarily used as defense.

Other than that everything else me and philly actually argued for, headmovement spam was shown and understood. Everything in bold we actively wanted, we wanted increased damage, better vulnerability, more angles, better footwork etc. Thats why this thread exists tbh.
If you mean it’s only used reactively and not proactively, the you are flat-out wrong. It also is used to throw off the timing of your opponent and to put you in the safest place you think you should be when throwing a strike based on what you anticipate your opponent throwing.

It’s like people think the only IRL use of head movement is matrix style reactive dodging like anderson silva.

Last edited by Counter Punch; 06-25-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #75
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

You can definitely use it proactively. My gym coach calls it defensive responsibility. You throw a strike and move your head proactively cuz your expecting your opponents offense. The best guy i've seen do this is Mayweather. Dude is the height of defensive responsibilty and thats why he was so hard to hit in his prime. Then the best mma fighters i've seen at it are prime Silva and Conor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
If you mean it’s only used reactively and not proactively, the you are flat-out wrong. It also is used to throw off the timing of your opponent and to put you in the safest place you think you should be when throwing a strike based on what you anticipate your opponent throwing.

It’s like people think the only IRL use of head movement is matrix style reactive dodging like anderson silva.
I gave you a proactive example, with the leaning forward. Rda for example constantly moves his head to keep his head off the centre line. Im on your side hear, but the changes to headmovement were necessary.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:44 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
You can definitely use it proactively. My gym coach calls it defensive responsibility. You throw a strike and move your head proactively cuz your expecting your opponents offense. The best guy i've seen do this is Mayweather. Dude is the height of defensive responsibilty and thats why he was so hard to hit in his prime. Then the best mma fighters i've seen at it are prime Silva and Conor.
We were discussing its primary use, thats another defensive measure. Headmovement is mainly used for defense, it cleasrly is and the changes to it were just.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #78
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
We were discussing its primary use, thats another defensive measure. Headmovement is mainly used for defense, it cleasrly is and the changes to it were just.
Yes obviously. I dont have an issue with some of the changes made, but some I do have issues with. Like slow labored strikes off slips that give the aggresor advantage. Im not sure if it was you or Philly, but I remember someone bringing up an idea about allowing minor slips to have more evasive properties similar to major, so they would be more useful. Then major could be used more defensively. Something like that im all for.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yes obviously. I dont have an issue with some of the changes made, but some I do have issues with. Like slow labored strikes off slips that give the aggresor advantage. Im not sure if it was you or Philly, but I remember someone bringing up an idea about allowing minor slips to have more evasive properties similar to major, so they would be more useful. Then major could be used more defensively. Something like that im all for.
Dont think it was me, i had ideas for parrys etc but headmovement isnt something im well versed in. Once i brought up parries the response was thats what minor slips are for, some people like them.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #80
Rookie

If I play ranked I only use head movement to slip jabs or back sway hooks or uppercuts if it's the last punch. Anything else gets me smashed with the heat seeking hooks.

Spinning the right stick aimlessly when messing around seems to work better for me than actually trying to dodge combos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »