Home

Cant stand these magnetic strikes

This is a discussion on Cant stand these magnetic strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #25
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cant stand these magnetic strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
You're looking at this as extra range to assist gameplay.

Trying looking at this max range as the standard and the shorter versions of the strikes as a cosmetic adjustment.

In arcade games, when you use a longer range strike from up close, you just slide like mofo. In UFC 3, this sliding is greatly minimized by changing the attack's animation itself, to a shorter version.

There is no assist at all.

Thats not how it is actually playing out though. People are landing strikes that clearly shouldn’t land, as obvious by the exagerrated teleportation that is clearoy visible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay

TBH im really not sure how they can sort this without redoing how movement works, how blocking works and so on. It doesnt sound fixable for this game.
yep. honestly at this point i think its how shiny can we get this turd. maybe if we make enough noise they will listen and try something different next time.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #27
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I think GPD is still very busy.

His explanation about the magnetic "striking really" changed how I saw it. I suppose I can say "it's not as simple as it seems".

It is not analog to aim assist.
Disagree with you now in all points.

GPD is busy... it is OK, but the Magnetism problem we are discussing here is THE FIRST what must to call his attention from ANY point of view, w/o any excuses.

What is wrong with our understanding of GPD's explanation/justification about "your controlled character AI is auto checking the distance to the opponent AT the moment of the strike startup and is auto correcting the final strike rage".......... What can be added here that can justify this magnetism concept? i really dont see any reason for magnetism to be in the game.

It IS analog to aim assists or to be more precise even WORSE thing in console shooters - AUTO AIM!

Auto aim - is a bit auto locking on the opponent.

Aim assist - is a auto slow down your crosshair sensitivity when it is near the opponent hitbox.

Magnetic strikes - auto reaching the opponent on some distance range - is not anything other than Auto aim.

We do NOT need Auto aim in EA UFC 3 at least b/c we do NOT have Controllers disadvantage for that like it exists in shooters with gamepads against mouse (so regardless of your skill your are suffering). So, ONLY Player's Skill must decide the Zoning effectiveness w/o any assisting arcadish skill neglecting tools like "magnetism".

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-24-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #28
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Okay that makes sense to a degree. Why can well not control the tiny step?
For example if your using a jab at the end of its range, your using it to keep distance so a hook post that wouldnt really make sense. By fighting long your fighting at distance, so hooks wouldnt really be thrown then. It sounds like a misunderstanding of what punches are used for and this idea about stationary and moving strikes.

For example lomachenko uses a lead left then moves to the right and throws a right hook, he uses a short straight punch then moves to land the lead hook. He throws a right hook only cause he is in range. Now at the end of range he is more likely to follow up and jab with a long body punch to keep distance.

TBH im really not sure how they can sort this without redoing how movement works, how blocking works and so on. It doesnt sound fixable for this game.
Good question. But if you could, there would be no difference between the tiny step and the big one you take when you want to perform an advancing hook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Disagree with you now in all points.

GPD is busy... it is OK, but the Magnetism problem we are discussing here is THE FIRST what must to call his attention from ANY point of view, w/o any excuses.

What is wrong with our understanding of GPD's explanation/justification about "your controlled character AI is auto checking the distance to the opponent AT the moment of the strike startup and is auto correcting the final strike rage".......... What can be added here that can justify this magnetism concept? i really dont see any reason for magnetism to be in the game.

It IS analog to aim assists or to be more precise even WORSE thing in console shooters - AUTO AIM!

Auto aim - is a bit auto locking on the opponent.

Aim assist - is a auto slow down your crosshair sensitivity when it is near the opponent hitbox.

Magnetic strikes - auto reaching the opponent on some distance range - is not anything other than Auto aim.

We do NOT need Auto aim in EA UFC 3 at least b/c we do NOT have Controllers disadvantage for that like it exists in shooters with gamepads against mouse (so regardless of your skill your are suffering). So, ONLY Player's Skill must decide the Zoning effectiveness w/o any assisting arcadish skill neglecting tools like "magnetism".
I meant that he was busy in the sense that he probably can't join the discussion, right now. It's why I'm venturing into trying to relay some of the explanations he gave us on the GC chat, when Martial Mind brought it up.

The wrong thing with your interpretation is that your mind is locked in thinking about the short version of the attack as the standard one. Think about the long version of the attack as the standard and the short version as the aesthetic adjustment. Note that this explanation is about the built-in steps for hooks and uppers.

Without the adjustment you would simply see a lot of sliding of fighters taking an empty step when they're already at the target, even when throwing stationary strikes.

The only gameplay consequence is that a well timed back lunge ends up being a little extra effective against hooks and uppers, when you start the lunge at close range. But this can be seeing as a fair evasion window, the result of good timing.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Good question. But if you could, there would be no difference between the tiny step and the big one you take when you want to perform an advancing hook.
Would be determind by range or flicing the left stick for lunging strikes, or possibly reworking how ls works. Its come that far, tbh it does need another full redo, no cutting corners.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #30
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

The wrong thing with your interpretation is that your mind is locked in thinking about the short version of the attack as the standard one. Think about the long version of the attack as the standard and the short version as the aesthetic adjustment. Note that this explanation is about the built-in steps for hooks and uppers.

Without the adjustment you would simply see a lot of sliding of fighters taking an empty step when they're already at the target, even when throwing stationary strikes.

The only gameplay consequence is that a well timed back lunge ends up being a little extra effective against hooks and uppers, when you start the lunge at close range. But this can be seeing as a fair evasion window, the result of good timing.
If i want to have a Long version i will make FWD Moving strike - which with its pros as a more ranged will have also balanced cons as an increased Vulnerability + also it all is fully under my control and on my wish.

Making Long and Short versions FOR THE SAME strike with THE SAME PROPERTIES (+/-) (btw THIS is the difference between for ex Punch/Kick being transfering into Elbow/Knee on short range, which became another strike types with its own another properties +/-) - is WRONG and another thing than what you are trying to bring as example. Wrong b/c Now with magnetic strikes we have Long and Short versions W/O CHANGING THUS STRIKE PROPERTIES/TYPE it is breaking game logic and balance between FWD Moving striking and Stationary striking.

Last edited by SUGATA; 06-24-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #31
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

I meant that he was busy in the sense that he probably can't join the discussion, right now. It's why I'm venturing into trying to relay some of the explanations he gave us on the GC chat, when Martial Mind brought it up.

While I understand what you're saying, is there any way to work around this? I mean why cant attacks just have one set range? And why does the incresed speed have to happen? I get they had to do it like this for good reason, but its honestly killing some of the skill the game should require. Its also just plain annoying when it happens cuz its so hard to defend against cuz it requires such quick reaction. One min you think your out of range and the next min the guy just speeds up straight into elbow range range with a hook you thought you were out the way of. I wish everything could just have a set range like past games. Like in UFC1 and 2 and UD3 or FNC, once I got my range down, I could let go of block whenever cuz I knew when I was out of range and when I wasnt. The strikes all had set ranges. In this game i'm really never sure when a strike will just super speed straight into my grill. It kinda makes me a bit of a block hugger now, where in past games I would let go of block a ton when I was out of range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 05:56 PM   #32
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:

There has been a strong bias against head movement, lunges, defensive actions in general since this game released, leading to defense in general being overnerfed with each patch.

It’s just frankly a choice that has had a lot of consequences for the gameplay in terms of destroying defense and distance management that many of you are finally realizing.

They nerfed the hell out of back lunge and in doing so completey broke the striking.

They completey revamped head movement but made it practically suicide to use against s competent opponent.

You guys seem so determined to protect the ESFL/top 50 playstyle of little to no head movement and just trading combos back and forth. It looks ridiculous and plays ridiculous and you guys have broken a lot of what made the game fun at launch.

Everyone who complained about head movement spam or “running” sucked at distance management, counter striking, and outsmarting their opponent now the game in unbalanced to favor their lack of skill in these areas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »