Home

Who’s idea was it to combine punch/ kick speed punch/ kick power

This is a discussion on Who’s idea was it to combine punch/ kick speed punch/ kick power within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Who’s idea was it to combine punch/ kick speed punch/ kick power

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Mainly from watching him throw kicks, reasonably quikc for his size, not a lot behind them tho. Eddies are alot more telegraphed and have a lot more behind them but noy as snapy. Add khabib for how little he kicks, throws a lot of knees, more than kicks.

Again knowledge of the sport, for you what would make barboza a faster kicker than khabib? Do your own ratings, im sure if a few people got lists together they would be similar and then you could mend them after. If its organised a team could do every fighter on the roster in about 2 or 3 hours.
There is no way you could do this in "2 or 3 hours". Well I guess you could if you went simply off of memory.

The difference in kick speed between a Barboza and a Khabib is easy. Most MMA fans know that Barboza's kicks are dangerous and very fast. Thats the easy part.

The hard part is determining the difference between Khabib and Chad Laprise or Nik Lentz and Will Brooks. I dont know many MMA fans who know of the top of their head if Nik Lentz is a faster kicker than Joe Lauzon. Most people (even myself) would need to watch a few fights of them using kicks to determine where they fall and what their rating is.

If you want to just do it by feel, we dont need anyone at OS, Reddit or anywhere to do that. The people that help with ratings could just assign random ratings based solely on whether we recall someone having fast kicks. IMO, I think the team (including myself) was a little guilty of that on some ratings that made it in the game. I'm not happy with that so if they were to go that route and split the ratings...I want them to do it right.

One other thing is that the UFC would likely have to approve those ratings again and who knows what they would approve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There is no way you could do this in "2 or 3 hours". Well I guess you could if you went simply off of memory.

The difference in kick speed between a Barboza and a Khabib is easy. Most MMA fans know that Barboza's kicks are dangerous and very fast. Thats the easy part.

The hard part is determining the difference between Khabib and Chad Laprise or Nik Lentz and Will Brooks. I dont know many MMA fans who know of the top of their head if Nik Lentz is a faster kicker than Joe Lauzon. Most people (even myself) would need to watch a few fights of them using kicks to determine where they fall and what their rating is.

If you want to just do it by feel, we dont need anyone at OS, Reddit or anywhere to do that. The people that help with ratings could just assign random ratings based solely on whether we recall someone having fast kicks. IMO, I think the team (including myself) was a little guilty of that on some ratings that made it in the game. I'm not happy with that so if they were to go that route and split the ratings...I want them to do it right.

One other thing is that the UFC would likely have to approve those ratings again and who knows what they would approve.
It could be done, a group of people someone will know a lot about each fighter.

Research could make it a bit longer but yeah its not going to be more than a day.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #43
MVP

[quote=aholbert32;2049403511]There is no way you could do this in "2 or 3 hours". Well I guess you could if you went simply off of memory.

One other thing is that the UFC would likely have to approve those ratings again and who knows what they would approve.[/QUOTE]

Ok can we have an explanation on this because it makes no sense. I really feel that this is a cop-out and could have been addressed a long time ago.
Why is it that Madden NFL which is exclusive to the NFL had all their ratings done by Donny Moore for 16 years, we never heard of Roger Goodwell arguing that it would affect the way people look at them, and it was very effective but in EA UFC 3 we have to get some UFC guy's permission? This ruins everything because we get Conor McGregor's with hyped up stats or Jon Jones who hit like trucks until the next game, where they are suddenly completly different. And on the offside we get lower ranked fighters with terrible stats like 86 stam or 84 chin (Seriously, there are lower ranked fighters with 84 chin, the same rating as Overeem and Arlovski).
Old 06-25-2018, 05:42 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt

Ok can we have an explanation on this because it makes no sense. I really feel that this is a cop-out and could have been addressed a long time ago.
Why is it that Madden NFL which is exclusive to the NFL had all their ratings done by Donny Moore for 16 years, we never heard of Roger Goodwell arguing that it would affect the way people look at them, and it was very effective but in EA UFC 3 we have to get some UFC guy's permission? This ruins everything because we get Conor McGregor's with hyped up stats or Jon Jones who hit like trucks until the next game, where they are suddenly completly different. And on the offside we get lower ranked fighters with terrible stats like 86 stam or 84 chin (Seriously, there are lower ranked fighters with 84 chin, the same rating as Overeem and Arlovski).
Its no cop out. I dont know what the NFL does. I know that the UFC approved the ratings for the game at launch. They dont approve every ratings changed made. The difference here is splitting the stats could result in many fighters having their OVRs significantly changed. The changes the devs make every month typically dont change fighters OVRs that much.

Given that the UFC approved those ratings, its possible that they would want to approve them again which is a process.

Also lets focus on the current game. I think its hard to argue that "Jones hits like a mack truck" in UFC 3. In 2, he did but his ratings are much closer to life in this one. Same with Conor. Its not even close.

My point is the process isnt easy. It can be done but its much harder than just thinking up numbers and putting them in the game. Especially if you want them done right.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its no cop out. I dont know what the NFL does. I know that the UFC approved the ratings for the game at launch. They dont approve every ratings changed made. The difference here is splitting the stats could result in many fighters having their OVRs significantly changed. The changes the devs make every month typically dont change fighters OVRs that much.

Given that the UFC approved those ratings, its possible that they would want to approve them again which is a process.

Also lets focus on the current game. I think its hard to argue that "Jones hits like a mack truck" in UFC 3. In 2, he did but his ratings are much closer to life in this one. Same with Conor. Its not even close.

My point is the process isnt easy. It can be done but its much harder than just thinking up numbers and putting them in the game. Especially if you want them done right.

Yes, that was exactly my point. He doesnt hit like a truck cause his hype had died down, now you have a 94 chin ww conor whos stats, like ea ufc 2 jones, are overhyped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Yes, that was exactly my point. He doesnt hit like a truck cause his hype had died down, now you have a 94 chin ww conor whos stats, like ea ufc 2 jones, are overhyped.

He doesn’t hit like a truck because the devs were aware of that complaint from UFC2. It had nothing to do with hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #47
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Tbh I wish the Devs would just get a respected volunteer to do the ratings for each division. Let Alholbert get the final say on changes. Just give everyone a rubric when grading fighters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
just get group of individuals voted in by OS and reddit to do that stats.
This isn't very far from how it was done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »