Home

Can we remove insta-uppercut-death

This is a discussion on Can we remove insta-uppercut-death within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we remove insta-uppercut-death

Can we remove insta-uppercut-Death while an opponent shhots for a td and we time with an uppercut? I agree that a intercept knee will do this but an uppercut that will have you fly backards almots flipping?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Can we remove insta-uppercut-death

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthax
Can we remove insta-uppercut-Death while an opponent shhots for a td and we time with an uppercut? I agree that a intercept knee will do this but an uppercut that will have you fly backards almots flipping?
110%

The uppercut in this game is much much more deadly than the straight punch :/ :/ :/

Put simply, an uppercut isn't going to thwart the forward momentum of a takedown much less knock a guy out from it. A knee can sure, but an uppercut, which has barely left the guy's waist, it just doesn't work like that.

If the animation played out like Ngannou's uppercut vs Overeem where the dude literally threw his entire soul into it, completely sacrificing balance for power, then it makes sense.

At the moment though, the uppercut is thrown like a guy shadowboxing to warm up and connects with the power of Zeus himself with almost zero risk for throwing it.

Uppercuts just do not carry that sort of power IRL unless you are Naseem Hamed or Rumble Johnson. Even Gustaffson had to land 3 clean ones to get anywhere with them.

The uppercut is a brilliant guard splitter and sneaky as it comes from underneath but it's really not that troublesome when compared to a straight punch.

How many people have you seen in a UFC fight use the uppercut to defend a TD?

The first thing they teach you to defend a TD is sprawl your hips not lift them.

So yeah, agree with this guy's sentiment.

Give Ngannou some freakish uppercut animation and let him use it as a TD counter. Everyone else needs a serious nerf. Uppercut, with the animation of a mocap shadowboxer, just does not deliver the sort of damage suggested here and is a buzz kill.

Edit: however, if a fighter braces with his forearm and controls the opponent's head (so a loose clinch), whilst moving his hips away, throws off the opponent's balance and moves to the side, and then throws a hay maker uppercut, then that's a different story. But that isn't what we are discussing or see happening.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
MVP

Basically, if you throw an uppercut hadouken style with everything in it, your hand and balance should be so far off that you wouldn't be able to follow it up with something.

That's the problem with the overhand too.

You can follow up one of the biggest punches with an uppercut or hook like it's nothing.

If they add in power modifiers, these two punches (the uppercut & overhand) should not be combo'able after missing or connecting.

Look at Deontay Wilder when he throws a huge straight. He throws his whole body weight and shifts completely into it. There's no way he can combo off that like some mocap shadowboxer would.

Swing as hard as you can at the air and see how long it takes you to throw another shot after it, let alone another power shot. It's nigh impossible, especially off a shifting bazooka overhand / cross or an uppercut from hades, especially if you throw it with everything, as if you are trying to remove the guy's head from his skull.

That's how hard you'd have to throw an uppercut to get a KO unless you get a flukey flush KO somehow.

Edit: Have some gifs but not working :/

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 06-26-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

I can't complain, as I win from these super uppercuts as much as I lose to them, but they do seem to finish fights (sometimes as early as a minute into the first round) a little too often, IMO. Seeing lots of uppercut spam in ranked just fishing for these finishes.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I can't complain, as I win from these super uppercuts as much as I lose to them, but they do seem to finish fights (sometimes as early as a minute into the first round) a little too often, IMO. Seeing lots of uppercut spam in ranked just fishing for these finishes.
Played ranked a couple of days ago. I'm Shevchenko vs holm, hit opponent with a slip straight - uppercut - hook counter combo 3 times as he's constantly jabbing. Knock him down 3 times and he survives. I get rocked once and duck into an uppercut (yes, I know, my fault but still) and I'm instantly KOd. Flat out KO sprawled on the floor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

I have been sayin this since launch. As soon as it happens it reminds me this is avideogame. I am fine with flaw ko or knockdowns. But that every fighter has an uppercut of death is just silly to me.

It’s worse because in this game where it’s hard enough to land a takedown this is the counter.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
Banned

Some loser quit on me after getting KO by this uppercut lol I think 1 hour suspensions from online fights each time you quit should be in order
Old 06-27-2018, 12:41 AM   #8
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4392
Some loser quit on me after getting KO by this uppercut lol I think 1 hour suspensions from online fights each time you quit should be in order
I agree for suspensions on guys who constantly rage quit. And a ban for people who IP boot others. Oddly enough I was playing my friend Swiss-Libax today and I got hit by an lead uppercut while leaning, but maybe due to his stamina being low from throwing so many damn combos, he didn't ko me lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »