Home

Question to GPD regarding new FTF

This is a discussion on Question to GPD regarding new FTF within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Question to GPD regarding new FTF

With the all new diving strike animations, will you dive in and smash a guy with a strike after you ko them like grandpa Hendo did to Bisping?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Question to GPD regarding new FTF

Apparently so. Should be fun, there should be better walk offs imo (ie tied to the cage possibly).

Added the ability to enter finish the fight after a KO strike. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

The walk off KO animations will still play if you knock someone out and don't press any strike buttons while the opponent is falling. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3
Old 06-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah if the patch is still a couple days off, I'd love a little GIF or demo video of this in action. Can't wait.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #4
MVP

I really love this change, if not just because we now can choose to walk off or follow up.

Now if we could just get the ability to choose to stay down.off active KDs (I'm not saying remove them, just let us have an input that cancels the automatic standup somehow)

And smoother, more regular ragdoll for full KOs and the finish system will be in a pretty good place IMO.

Admittedly, I'm not much a fan of having to KD someone 4-7 times to get a full KO unless you catch them during an extremely high risk strike, but outside of that, things are looking real good.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:23 PM   #5
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

This change will have a huge impact on grapplers.

They will be able to get the fight to the ground reliably off a KD, where that wasn't always the case before.

It also means strikers who don't want to go to the ground will really have to be paying attention. Mashing on strike buttons will be a sure fire way to accidentally dive into someone's guard. You'll want to know if it's a finish the fight opportunity or not before diving in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
This change will have a huge impact on grapplers.

They will be able to get the fight to the ground reliably off a KD, where that wasn't always the case before.

It also means strikers who don't want to go to the ground will really have to be paying attention. Mashing on strike buttons will be a sure fire way to accidentally dive into someone's guard. You'll want to know if it's a finish the fight opportunity or not before diving in.
Well good thing I don't button mash. And sooo...will I be able to pull a grandpa Hendo moment on ko'd guys or nah?
Old 06-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #7
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Well good thing I don't button mash. And sooo...will I be able to pull a grandpa Hendo on ko'd guys or nah?
It's not going to look exactly the same no, but the timing should be pretty close.

All the animations for finishing a KO'd opponent will be re-used from existing animations.

The new ones are all the guard entry variations.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:57 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
With the all new diving strike animations, will you dive in and smash a guy with a strike after you ko them like grandpa Hendo did to Bisping?

I'm wondering if the fighter that's unconscious on the ground is going to be in a sort of "ragdoll mode" like in the gif above, or preset animations like the ones we already have. I hope it's ragdoll that way it can be more immersive, but regardless I'm really excited for this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »