Home

Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should realistic circling out be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should circling out and rhythm manipulation be in the game
Yes 31 91.18%
No 2 5.88%
Other(what ever opinion you have where you feel it’s not black and white) 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This account will get deleted after this post, but I had to weigh in. Here's the problem:

If you want to play a Defensive or Outside Striker style you need to master every single obscure mechanic in the game. You also need to master the current meta, and all the combos so you can learn how to make reads.

If you want to be a "Pressure" fighter, all you have to do is memorize 3-4 combos and hold forward while mixing up those few combos over and over and over.

The problem isnt that we dont have the tools to deal with spam, the problem is how incredibly easy, low risk/very high reward pressure fighting is compared to how insanely technical and smart you need to be to fight on the outside.

Its way too easy to have huge success against the majority of the feild just holding forward mashing combos. Yes there are outliers like Kinetic but he is an amazing gamer at his core, and an exception to the rule rather than the norm. He would be good no matter the games mechanics. The fact is this game caters to non stop combos far far far more than it does any other playstyle.

Yes we have to the tools, but we also have to work 500 times harder than our opponent, who is just mashing non stop with no real thoughtful strategy.

The average fight in this game has more strikes thrown in 1 accelerated round than an entire 3 round fight irl. I have a realistic game maybe 1 out of every 10 fights. If arcade action is what EA is going for they nailed it outa the park.

Last edited by Blue_Eyed_Kenshiro; 07-04-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #34
Banned

i dont think its quite fair to point the blame at kenetic. pointing the finger solves nothing. we know the problem. let's fix it
Old 07-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #35
Banned

I want to know where all the players who call this running are at? There’s supposedly a lot of you. Come and explain yourself. If not we know that argument simply isn’t true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I want to know where all the players who call this running are at? There’s supposedly a lot of you. Come and explain yourself. If not we know that argument simply isn’t true
There was a huge topic awhile back regarding “outside fighting” that FCB Finley made. You can read through that if you wanna know who they are.

It’s been explained to death by both sides and the Devs are stuck in the middle
Old 07-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #37
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
“Running” has basically become a catch-all phrase that includes actually running away the whole fight (which is impossible and no one does) and simply not engaging offensively literally 100% of the time.

I hope someone makes a World Combat League game for these people becsause they are literally ruining the only MMA game we have.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
There was a huge topic awhile back regarding “outside fighting” that FCB Finley made. You can read through that if you wanna know who they are.

If we don’t keep talking about it nothing gets done
Old 07-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
If we don’t keep talking about it nothing gets done
A lot has been done already

At this point I just want short cancelable hops like in UFC 2.

It’s clear there’s a big push for phonebooth meta and you cant realistically expect it to be ignored.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

Exactly. They have posted several times about this. I dont agree with them but they have spoken about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »