Home

How would the game look without queued up combos??

This is a discussion on How would the game look without queued up combos?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #17
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would the game look without queued up combos??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yes, if you don't press both buttons at the same time, you can get a leg kick instead of an upper/teep.
I understand that. I also understand that it's not the software that mixes up the input. I'm just saying when i throw a teep kick 30% of the time I throw a uppercut. Also I do believe this is a problem a lot of people are having (outside of ranked players), that they input something and then they see a different output. And if enough people are doing something wrong.... well....
Old 07-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Not delusional, but also not fully aware of what they've done with their fingers.

I've done focus tests with players of all skill levels, had them tell me things and looked at the input replay only to find that what they thought they did is not what they actually did.

I don't expect to ever be able to convince these people they are wrong without bringing them into the studio and proving it to them with our extensive debugging tools.

Doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.
If that many people are having issues and you are absolutely certain its not a technical problem then its a mechanical problem. Either way it needs to be addressed if hundreds of people everywhere feel it.

I play in leagues with super high level guys way better than me and they all say the same thing. There is some kind of issue somewhere.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:07 PM   #19
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I've done focus tests with players of all skill levels, had them tell me things and looked at the input replay only to find that what they thought they did is not what they actually did.
Is that not a bad sign? that they think they're doing something they're not doing?

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.
No. but are they having fun?
Old 07-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #20
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Is that not a bad sign? that they think they're doing something they're not doing?
They are mashing the kick button 12 times in the time it take a kick to come out. And complain that the fighter kicks twice.

Yeah it's a bad sign, but sometimes there's really no solution that will please everyone.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #21
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
They are mashing the kick button 12 times in the time it take a kick to come out. And complain that the fighter kicks twice.
Yeah, that has been my own experience when showing this game to friends.

Quote:
Yeah it's a bad sign, but sometimes there's really no solution that will please everyone.
I honestly think less is more. At this point I think the control scheme overwhelms new players. Maybe a simple control option, perhaps streamlining the control scheme in the future. Having a test group of 100 people and asking them to throw a high kick, and see what button they press. Or asking 100 people to go for a takedown and see what they do. All of this is expensive, and time consuming. I'm just throwing out ideas. Less is definitely more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #22
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Yeah, that has been my own experience when showing this game to friends.

I honestly think less is more. At this point I think the control scheme overwhelms new players. Maybe a simple control option, perhaps streamlining the control scheme in the future. Having a test group of 100 people and asking them to throw a high kick, and see what button they press. Or asking 100 people to go for a takedown and see what they do. All of this is expensive, and time consuming. I'm just throwing out ideas. Less is definitely more.
Less also means fighters can throw fewer techniques.

Remember that part when asking for changes like this.

Last edited by GameplayDevUFC; 07-04-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #23
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Less also means fighter can throw fewer techniques.

Remember that part when asking for changes like this.
Yeah, but I'm not Twitter. if you do any changes people are gonna complain.
I'm sure half of this board are gonna go "here goes MacGowan again, asking to remove stuff from the game, again". cuz they have invested time and energy in learning your control scheme.

But they don't see my friends faces when they get thrown on the ground and I tell them they have to go from moving the left stick to the right stick.

like 5 times.

then pause the game

then move over to them, and move their thumb... "THIS STICK"

"can we play something else?"
Old 07-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:

Thats absolutaly NOT whats happening. Im talking about high level guys saying theyre having these issues. Have you seen Papadoc play? That man is an absolute SAVAGE at this game. He was a monster last game too. Hes not just "mashing the kick button 12 times"....

Something IS going on here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »