Home

Daniel Cormier

This is a discussion on Daniel Cormier within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Daniel Cormier

In UFC 3, Cornier has 87 points in HW and 88 points in LHW at striking, but players accomplish more KOs with Daniel Cornier than with other fighters with better striking points.

Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I don't have a bias when it comes to the division though. Matter of fact I campaigned for both Blaydes and Volkov to get increases as they clearly were out preforming their ratings in certain areas.

Cormier didn't do that is my point he simply just did what he's always done. Work the clinch and dirty box during separation.

Werdum showed he's slowed down in his fight quite a bit that's why I called him on that.

Nogueira's chin isn't even close to accurate. People I speak with routinely scoff at it.

Overeem's chin was wildly inappropriate and has been addressed.

Derrick Lewis' gas tank is way too generous.

Don't even get me started on JDS.

Cain is rated fairly accurately

Cormier is rated fairly accurately

What's wrong with that outlook? It's entirely accurate
I'm not going to debate this with you again. Again, it insults my intelligence when you insist that you dont have a bias.

For comparison sake, I get ratings notes from people like Phillyboi all the time. They arent focused on one division. The notes dont constantly make comparisons to the person's favorite fighter. They dont make up stats in order to strengthen their argument.

Thats the difference. I cant really take your HW notes seriously because of your clear bias and past incorrect comments about the ratings. Also, the whole theory that this thread is based on is nonsense imo. I've said my peace about this thread and I'm gonna move on.

Last edited by aholbert32; 07-09-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #67
Rookie

We all know Find the Door loves some Nog propaganda but I don't think Cormier being buffed makes a difference to him using Nog in a division where you now have Cro Cop with his amazing stats as well as JDS, Stipe, Werdum, Cain and Overeem.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
We all know Find the Door loves some Nog propaganda but I don't think Cormier being buffed makes a difference to him using Nog in a division where you now have Cro Cop with his amazing stats as well as JDS, Stipe, Werdum, Cain and Overeem.
I think Nogueira is not retired and in this point of his career maybe his stats in UFC 3 are correct. But if Cro Cop and other icon stars have that statistics, a year 2003 Nogueira should have a 100 chin, 100 submissions and 98 ground game.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Why is no one talking about this? AT ALL. I guess after the horrible Lewis Ngannou fight they couldn’t ruin the ppv anymore.
Because Stipe Dished a few out himself.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Maybe consider that I spent the majority of my time in that division since Undisputed 2009? With that being the case I'd have some insight into how the ratings in that particular division should play out.

Never have I ever seen Cormier throwing 4 hooks in less than a 1 1/2 seconds like I do on this game. So sure buff his power but in general I'd be in favor of a global Heavyweight strike speed decrease.

For whatever reason you have it out for me and to that I respond "I'm not dumb." Regardless of how you personally view me I at least appreciate that you're constantly posting here and are actively involved in many discussions unlike many other game changers.
so you play HW a lot yeah? do you ever get the feeling that it’s either too slow or just plain unresponsive? I was doing live events using stipe and it felt terrible. And so many of my combos were getting dropped too, like noticeably different from other WCs
Old 07-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
so you play HW a lot yeah? do you ever get the feeling that it’s either too slow or just plain unresponsive? I was doing live events using stipe and it felt terrible. And so many of my combos were getting dropped too, like noticeably different from other WCs
Stipe has a really bad jab, I've learned from playing HW that JDS is the best HW. I made a comment saying Blaydes can be viable due to the ground stats, but JDS has 89 OTB. Didn't realize how OP he was till I used him, he fights at a different speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Stipe has a really bad jab, I've learned from playing HW that JDS is the best HW. I made a comment saying Blaydes can be viable due to the ground stats, but JDS has 89 OTB. Didn't realize how OP he was till I used him, he fights at a different speed.

He's like a welterweight with heavyweight power. He can throw a jab followed by a spinning heel kick like it's Yair. He's fast, he's durable, he hits hard...and he's nowhere near what he should be in 2018.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »