Home

Random reset bug not just for kick catching?

This is a discussion on Random reset bug not just for kick catching? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Random reset bug not just for kick catching?

Context
My opponent mauled me on the ground the first two rounds (that's why my stamina is entirely ****ed). I think I legitimately spent 8m30s on my back.

3rd round, even with the stamina deficit I was beating him up in the stand up and stuffed every attempt he made to clinch or shoot, but then he caught me with that gimmicky combo (that's on me) and knocked me on my butt.

Honestly, the likelyhood of me coming out of that KD alive is close to zero percent if the first two rounds are anything to go on. Even if I survived there's a good chance the damage I'd take would cement the outcome of the fight. But then that bug happened..

I felt bad for continuing to fight, but technically I wasn't guaranteed a loss so I didn't want to sell myself short. If I could talk to him I'd ask him to just take me down and start from full guard postured up, but that wasn't the case.

So I continued to fight, stuffed all clinches and take downs and knocked him out the next round..

I've never felt this bad about a win ever. That's not okay.. We've known about this bug forever (at least the catchkick reset), how is this not fixed yet..

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 07-08-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Re: Random reset bug not just for kick catching?

Whenever I have a mirror match it will often times reset whenever there is a health event.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:57 AM   #3
MVP

I've had this randomly occur in otherwise lag free matches during: Health Events, FTF and TDD Reversals, especially Submission Reversals.

I remember a specific fight where it cost my opponent the fight.
I was winning handily on the feet.
Got a bit overconfident and shot a TD and was immediately wrapped up into a guillotine with a huge stamina disadvantage.

BAM! Round Reset.

I knew to just stay on the feet and avoid the shot, but he had me dead to rights in that guillotine and the game took it away from him, I actually kinda felt bad for the guy.

I've also had it happen during successful TDs and that cuts like a knife. Finally get em down and bam, they're back up.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:25 AM   #4
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

From Skynet-

"This is the behavior of the game when it detects a desync. Since the net-code of our game doesn't have a central authority (server), both consoles essentially have to agree at all times on the simulation result. Should they disagree for some reason (they never should) then it desyncs.

Restarting a match is the only option for recovery here, as it saves out the most vital info and then pushes it back into the game after the restart, allowing everything else to reset and get back in sync.

Finding the cause of these is incredibly difficult, if we even know about them. To the best of my knowledge, we don't have any current leads on desyncs in ranked or quick match fights.

If you're seeing this, please make a note of how/when it happened, especially if you notice any patterns to it!"
Old 07-10-2018, 02:40 AM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

This happen today twice during ranked when i was in the heavyweight division. I had back 2 back fights were my opponent was throwing knees and i caught them and took them down to the ground, then the fight reset.

Seems to happen a lot more when you catch knees and go for the takedown. I always catch leg kicks but it never resets during those.

Both fights were yellow bar if that means anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
This happen today twice during ranked when i was in the heavyweight division. I had back 2 back fights were my opponent was throwing knees and i caught them and took them down to the ground, then the fight reset.

Seems to happen a lot more when you catch knees and go for the takedown. I always catch leg kicks but it never resets during those.

Both fights were yellow bar if that means anything.

You can catch Leg kicks?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »