Home

can clinch entries be addressed soon pls

This is a discussion on can clinch entries be addressed soon pls within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: can clinch entries be addressed soon pls

And we back
Old 07-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #18
Rookie

This ever gonna be even acknowledged or nah? A huge chunk of the roster is damn near unusable because of this clinch BS. Maybe don’t even change the clinch, just explain why you can deny clinch and TDs at the same time, or why there’s little to no penalty for spamming deny

there are guys in the top 10-20 that cannot grapple at all because they can take advantage of stuff like this. I would completely understand if there was some aspect to skill in this, but it’s really just flicking R2 and up constantly after every strike

Also Howcome strikes no longer cancel some transitions in the clinch? A body/ leg knee should (used to) cancel the Thai clinch transition (which it still usually does) but but if they’re doing the clinch break, leg grab, or outside trip the transition continues. Why is that? Is an argument for stalling relevant considering the ref breaks the clinch after a given time?
Old 07-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #19
Rookie

I'd say speeding up clinch entries by about 0.5 would help make a bit of a difference, but recently I've started doing the Thai clinch immediately after rocking someone at point blank range and amidst all the chaos I've been able to capitalise, however I think the next patch is going to fix a lot of stuff people have really been complaining about like overhands. Hopefully clinch entries too (or lack thereof so I should say)
Old 07-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadow
I'd say speeding up clinch entries by about 0.5 would help make a bit of a difference, but recently I've started doing the Thai clinch immediately after rocking someone at point blank range and amidst all the chaos I've been able to capitalise, however I think the next patch is going to fix a lot of stuff people have really been complaining about like overhands. Hopefully clinch entries too (or lack thereof so I should say)
See I disagree with you here I don’t believe “clinch entries” as a whole need to be buffed just the ones where you and your opponent are equal. I’d say MT and Double under are fine, because of how advantageous of a position it puts you in.

Personally I think going into MT when the opponent is rocked is cheesy
Old 07-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #21
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
See I disagree with you here I don’t believe “clinch entries” as a whole need to be buffed just the ones where you and your opponent are equal. I’d say MT and Double under are fine, because of how advantageous of a position it puts you in.

Personally I think going into MT when the opponent is rocked is cheesy
It was cheesy is UFC 2 for sure. I don’t see how it’s cheesy in UFC 3 considering how easy it is to deny the clinch.

Was it cheesy when anderson did it to rich frnaklin?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
MVP

Clinch entry level of ease from easiest to hardest:

Effectiveness grade A:
- Ducking a hook strike really close and immediately going for a double under clinch
- Slipping a straight strike uppercut or jab/cross really close and immediately going for a single collar clinch
- Slipping an overhand up close and going for a single collar clinch
- Catching a kick and going straight into over under or single collar

Effectiveness grade B:
- Blocking a body or head hook really close and immediately going for a clinch from the same side the attack came from
- Attempting the single collar clinch when neither fighter is throwing but both are face to face in close range and walking towards each other
- Attempting the over under clinch when one fighter is pushing into the other guy whilst holding high block
- Attempting the double under when one fighter is pushing into the other guy whilst holding high block
- Attempting the thai clinch when one fighter is pushing into the other guy whilst holding low block

Effectiveness grade C:
- Any clinch attempt off a dodged or blocked strike at mid range

Effectiveness grade D:
- Any clinch attempt at mid range.

Grade A can be countered by quick feints followed by elbows which deal higher damage. Can also be countered by feints followed by an opposite side attack so an upperuct vs a ducking opponent.

Grade A vs combos might result in the comboing fighters next punch being thrown in the clinch as they enter but at reduced damage. Depends on the strike thrown e.g. a jab uppercut vs single collar. The jab might be slipped or blocked but the uppercut would still be thrown upon clinch entry.

Grade B is more about awareness of foot placement. So to counter it you should be wary of pressuring beyond phone book range.

Grades C and D would be comparatively less useful than B and A and so shouldn't be a major issue. Perhaps the windows for them (C & D) would be similar to the current one.

Just some ideas.

My favourite out of these is the single collar clinch,
(and perhaps thai clinch) not fully interrupting a combo from the other guy

So perhaps you aren't even fussed if you are clinched if you have a nasty punch waiting for them after that initial jab or whatever.

In fights it happens. One guy is beating the other one up, the other guy grabs onto him easily but still gets battered in the clinch.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #23
MVP

So make the entries easier but let people continue whatever flow they had going before in terms of punches depending on what sort of clinch was attempted and what strikes were being thrown.

Tie the foot distances into it too so you can get in easier if both are pushing towards each other and get out easier if you pull back before transitioning out at the risk of exposing your chin more.

When in the clinch, perhaps introduce side steps with quick trips off them making certain throws better or leg trips damn I am getting carried away.

Ufc 4 make this happen! All about those momentum physics baby
Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #24
Rookie

Make the guy a game changer damn

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »