Home

The fate of outside fighting.

This is a discussion on The fate of outside fighting. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
The fate of outside fighting.

Its time to review the death of outside fighting and any hope for it. Its been pointed out since day 0 and is still the games biggest issue. Its still not viable, the latest patch finalised this with the further increase in block breaking, cage cutting and the push tool, these all increase pressure fighting.

Unless there is a major shift in the last patch that sorts this, very unlikely, its dead. Time to join the rest of the dc and costa users and pressure till ufc 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Pro

Re: The fate of outside fighting.

Costa users? What? You mean Wandy?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Costa users? What? You mean Wandy?

I mean both.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned

Ufc 2 has a lot of things wrong but it didn’t have distance management wrong it just needed a few different animations. If we want to see outside fighting we need to be able to circuit and move laterally. Our only option is to move our back against the cage
Old 07-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I mean both.

Hmmm that’s interesting, I play Costa and keep my distance, while cutting the cage.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Posted this in the other thread but its relative here too:

The problem is that an argument could be made that the "select few" are the people at OS.

Also, understand this: The position of these elite fighters is that people have the tools to fight outside. They point at the increased angle on circling out when using side lunges, the new push animation, the straight arm retreat, Martial's combo changes and more as proof that the tools to fight outside.

I agree that the tools are there. I disagree that the tools are currently effective and relatively easy to use.

So here is what I suggest. Instead of simply complaining about the issue, I think 2 approaches are likely to be the most effective:

1) Show video: Its easy as hell to record a video on PS4 and Xbox. Aggression is a problem, right? Its rampant on ranked? Then it shouldnt be hard to post video after video of it.

Dont think I've only challenged OS to do that. I called out the gamechangers who said "running" was rampant and they werent able to provide much that showed it.

2) Work with in the current system: They absolutely could and should add more tools that buff movement and outside fighting. Lets assume the devs wont. What could they do to current movement tools to buff movement? For example, I'm in favor of eliminating the straight arm retreat stamina loss. I think that would encourage fighters to use it more and its realistic that stamina isnt lost when using that.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #7
Banned

I was thinking about making a Final Boss thread on distance/ range.

The game is currently designed around brain dead pressure fighting while as a defender you have to make educated reads / risk a ton of stamina to defend.

I dont mind any of the tools added for pressure but things like not being able to cancel short lunges into / out of everything or the auto aim ruin any hope of outside fighting.

And can the frame advantage for shorter reach only apply to hooks/uppercuts pls? The idea that a longer guy’s straight punches require more wind up is silly.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Posted this in the other thread but its relative here too:

The problem is that an argument could be made that the "select few" are the people at OS.

Also, understand this: The position of these elite fighters is that people have the tools to fight outside. They point at the increased angle on circling out when using side lunges, the new push animation, the straight arm retreat, Martial's combo changes and more as proof that the tools to fight outside.

I agree that the tools are there. I disagree that the tools are currently effective and relatively easy to use.

So here is what I suggest. Instead of simply complaining about the issue, I think 2 approaches are likely to be the most effective:

1) Show video: Its easy as hell to record a video on PS4 and Xbox. Aggression is a problem, right? Its rampant on ranked? Then it shouldnt be hard to post video after video of it.

Dont think I've only challenged OS to do that. I called out the gamechangers who said "running" was rampant and they werent able to provide much that showed it.

2) Work with in the current system: They absolutely could and should add more tools that buff movement and outside fighting. Lets assume the devs wont. What could they do to current movement tools to buff movement? For example, I'm in favor of eliminating the straight arm retreat stamina loss. I think that would encourage fighters to use it more and its realistic that stamina isnt lost when using that.
I could show videos of both. I could show how much easier pressure fighting is how easy it to dictate range . I will get a few together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »