Home

Is this a better example of pressure fighting?

This is a discussion on Is this a better example of pressure fighting? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is this a better example of pressure fighting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I was more implying that you're not even using the current tools at all so I don't see why you'd suddenly start using *insert new mechanic*.
Because the mechanic required doesnt exist. What mechanics are there to circle? What mechanics are there to keep distance?
Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Because the mechanic required doesnt exist. What mechanics are there to circle? What mechanics are there to keep distance?
I mean a guy just went out of his way to give you feedback and you seem to be just ignoring it.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
I mean a guy just went out of his way to give you feedback and you seem to be just ignoring it.
Please read my response. I thanked him for it. It's just proving my point though as it isnt outside fightings its inaide fighting.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Please read my response. I thanked him for it. It's just proving my point though as it isnt outside fightings its inaide fighting.
I did.

But the issue is that rather than implementing his tips then posting a second video you immediately just dismiss outside fighting as impossible and think that there's some one magic mechanic that is gonna solve everything.

There already are lots of mechanics that exist to help keeping guys off you but my issue has always been that they are too difficult for the vast majority to perform. For instance, the new rear knee everyone keeps mentioning requires a lot of timing that the lower tiered players simply don't possess. That is why I have insisted on a passive stamina nerf instead.

Based on the video I can't imagine how a single mechanic could salvage all the flaws in the video without just being bonkers OP. The elite outside fighters in MMA all do a billion things that go over the average viewer's head. That's why I find the conversation past few pages pretty pretentious because it is a lot more complex than what y'all made it sound like.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
I did.

But the issue is that rather than implementing his tips then posting a second video you immediately just dismiss outside fighting as impossible and think that there's some one magic mechanic that is gonna solve everything.

There already are lots of mechanics that exist to help keeping guys off you but my issue has always been that they are too difficult for the vast majority to perform. For instance, the new rear knee everyone keeps mentioning requires a lot of timing that the lower tiered players simply don't possess. That is why I have insisted on a passive stamina nerf instead.

Based on the video I can't imagine how a single mechanic could salvage all the flaws in the video without just being bonkers OP. The elite outside fighters in MMA all do a billion things that go over the average viewer's head. That's why I find the conversation past few pages pretty pretentious because it is a lot more complex than what y'all made it sound like.
Because its not outside fighting. The mechanics just arent there. I did take his tips, but unfortantly they don't benifit us as its just catering to the pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Are you serious? I literally went out of my way to watch your video and give you timestamps and detailed descriptions of what you did wrong and how to properly manage distance and circle to the center..

You're now just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Quote:
Because its not outside fighting. The mechanics just arent there. I did take his tips, but unfortantly they don't benifit us as its just catering to the pressure.
I'm an outside fighter..

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 07-14-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:13 AM   #63
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:

I know its not what you’re neccessarily talking about, but its something.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:44 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

I know its not what you’re neccessarily talking about, but its something.
The problem here is your circling round your oppenent, your still in range of him, your not circling the cage. Thanks though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »