Home

What is being done about back flat position?

This is a discussion on What is being done about back flat position? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What is being done about back flat position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
None of those positions you listed are OP. Man there needs to be a top 100 player only how to thread. That way those that have already have a strong understanding of game mechanics can converse.
You can definitely ruin some guys with Crucifix, it's probably the best position in the game, way better than mount imo.

but im fine with that considering how hard it is to be dominant in the ground
Old 07-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
None of those positions you listed are OP. Man there needs to be a top 100 player only how to thread. That way those that have already have a strong understanding of game mechanics can converse.
Anklepicks and cage takedowns are not OP at all. Agreed. But you're wrong about the crucifix.

It's extremely stupid once you're caught in there. Even against opponents that just guess you've got a 50% chance of dying after your first transition attempt (fake or otherwise). If you get denied once it's downhill from there. You get elbowed, lowered stamina and an even slower transition than before you got denied and that's the loop you're stuck in until you die.

Against people with decent reactions, you're dead the second you're caught in it. Doesn't matter which way you go.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
You can definitely ruin some guys with Crucifix, it's probably the best position in the game, way better than mount imo.

but im fine with that considering how hard it is to be dominant in the ground
Isnt that true for real life as well tho?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 08:41 AM   #36
Rookie

These positions really aren't OP. The point is, if your opponent has got you into that position - they've earned it. The game rewards them.

It's like saying the counter straight is OP, just because some dude kept slipping your jab and countering with the straight, over and over. You had opportunities to deal with it, you didn't.

As soon as I'm put into side control, I'm predenying crucifix. R2+down gets you a reversal and them into side control bottom. That's huge - your opponent even trying to get to Crucifix can have the table turned on them within a second of getting started.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #37
Rookie

And yeh, as simple and sometimes as strange as they look, fakes work. When they have back mount, can fake to half guard before trying for half guard. Obviously prior to back flattened - but best to avoid back flattened if you think it's OP.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #38
Rookie

I wouldn't say ankle picks are OP but I've not played many good GSPs.

The cage takedowns are strong but I think necessary considering where grappling as a whole was before - takedowns were weak and therefore, grappling as a whole was weak.

And I disagree crucifix is OP.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #39
Rookie

Just to add to the cage take-down - these present a great opportunity to time an uppercut.

A lot of grapplers tend to go for the clinch to get their opponent down - meaning no opportunity to get that uppercut.

Ankle picks - can we even counter these? As far as I'm aware, we can only deny them.

So other than when they shoot for the takedown when you're near the cage, you're not going to get many opportunities to hurt them when they do try to take you down.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
Just to add to the cage take-down - these present a great opportunity to time an uppercut.

A lot of grapplers tend to go for the clinch to get their opponent down - meaning no opportunity to get that uppercut.

Ankle picks - can we even counter these? As far as I'm aware, we can only deny them.

So other than when they shoot for the takedown when you're near the cage, you're not going to get many opportunities to hurt them when they do try to take you down.

I wish we could sprawl on ankle pick denials. There’s an animation where you’re close to doing it but he just gets up

And I don’t think cage TDs are OP it’s just the body lock that’s really hard to deny. I still haven’t got it down yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »