Home

Why do fighters in the game move backwards far slower than fighters moving forwards?

This is a discussion on Why do fighters in the game move backwards far slower than fighters moving forwards? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do fighters in the game move backwards far slower than fighters moving forwar

What ? Footwork dont make you walk faster ??

I hope I did not understand well (Google translation inside) because..what does this stats do then..

Last edited by Poulpy; 07-27-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #10
MVP

Re: Why do fighters in the game move backwards far slower than fighters moving forwar

I hope sometime the footwork stat accounts for things like natural differences in movement speed, so different fighters could have different speeds -> fighter uniqueness.

Right now, apparently the footwork stat mainly deals with lunges.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
hey do me a favor and dont comment if the first thing your going to attack my views.
No. You can stop pretending you're for something (realism) and then making posts against it because it doesn't suit your playstyle. That's why your list of complaints is so long, Hammer.

Attacking your views is what we are supposed to be doing here. Would you rather I attack you? Ideas need to be criticized and, in my opinion, brutally demolished when they don't add up.

Your's just happen to not add up almost 100% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 10:44 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
hey do me a favor and dont comment if the first thing your going to attack my views.

That’s not how a forum works. He can attack your views if he disagrees. He just can’t attack you personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That’s not how a forum works. He can attack your views if he disagrees. He just can’t attack you personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am open to debates it was just very condescending the way he phrased his argument. And as far as realism no fight takes pace on the inside the entire time. That’s why it’s called a dance. I guess I am trying to say footwork needs a buff
Old 07-28-2018, 02:15 AM   #14
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

#TeamAggression

#Sorrynotsorry
Old 07-28-2018, 02:31 AM   #15
Rookie

I think it's because most people rather do button smash than fight smart picking angles. Angles are competely useless after latest patch but it is what casual wants & outside fighting is completely useless because angles got basically deleted from game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 02:37 AM   #16
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankoz
I think it's because most people rather do button smash than fight smart picking angles. Angles are competely useless after latest patch but it is what casual wants & outside fighting is completely useless because angles got basically deleted from game.
What is "fighting smart" I see a lot of people say it, but if we are being honest here, all we are doing is pressing buttons and moving sticks around mixed in with timing and making correct reads.

Smart by definition means having or showing a quick witted intelligence.

More idle time = less skill and smarts involved.

Edit: To be clear, I am not saying that you should have to punch 100 times a minute to play smart, you can still play like a braindead zombie(and lose) throwing a bajillion strikes.

But interaction between the two players by the pressing of commands is what we have to work with here.

Last edited by ZHunter1990; 07-28-2018 at 02:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »