Home

Buff/nerf backlog

This is a discussion on Buff/nerf backlog within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Buff/nerf backlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Very True. They made Costa a powerhouse with only one TKO over a washed up Hendricks that was a longgg drawn out beatdown. And Hooker has 5 KO's in the UFC. I was made fun of for saying I think he deserves 92 power then I was told the power stat is only for punches and his headkick, knee, and elbow KO's were not going to do anything for his power stat. But Mirko has 98 power for some reason.
JDS has 97 speed, you'd assume he's one of the fastest strikers of all time.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Heavyweight is dominated by him in the game haha, they did no stat reduction after his one minute TKO loss to Stipe. Stipe has 95 but feels light years slower.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:01 PM   #11
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Due to that damn Fluidity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 02:42 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Very True. They made Costa a powerhouse with only one TKO over a washed up Hendricks that was a longgg drawn out beatdown. And Hooker has 5 KO's in the UFC. I was made fun of for saying I think he deserves 92 power then I was told the power stat is only for punches and his headkick, knee, and elbow KO's were not going to do anything for his power stat. But Mirko has 98 power for some reason.
Wait what!? Who said that about power?
I highly doubt it was a GC, and if it wasn't a GC I wouldn't take it as fact.

If I'm not mistaken, Hookers fist buff came after the Miller Knee KO and he recieved a power buff there.

He also got lvl 5 rear knee.

Mix this with his latest buff and he's much closer to where he should be.

I think his grappling still needs a buff (see the Diakiase fight and his ability to get Diakiases back on two seperate occasions and basically nullify Bonecrusher completely)

I think his Sub O is too low. However my example for his grappling buff also shows several reasons it could stay the same (ie; he had the back, hooks in, but couldn't get close to a RNC at all in RD.
2, but he showed excellent control, which I think justifies a top game buff)

As for Cro Cop, 98 isn't that irrational. The guy has insane power in his hands. You don't hear about it much because we all think about his kicks and the power in his legs.

But watch him break Sapps orbital with one straight left and tell me he doesn't have power in his hands.

I can't recall the others, but from memory Mirkos left straight was notorious for shattering orbitals.

So I wouldn't really call that an apt comparison.

Luke Rockhold would be a far better example. Deadly legs, not so great hands, 95 power.

Edit: with all this said, I don't actually disagree with you.
Hooker should be buffed still, his moveset needs updating.
As does Moicanos.
And JDS ABSOLUTELY needs a speed nerf.

I recommended 93+his fluidity perk in the stat change thread, but I'm real keen to hear what others think, and wether he even needs fluidity?

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 08-15-2018 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:23 AM   #13
Rookie

I’m guessing there is a good reason for it but the lack of fighter updates is really disappointing. It should be a minimum of once a month to update (where relevant) fighters who have fought within that month.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Wait what!? Who said that about power?
I highly doubt it was a GC, and if it wasn't a GC I wouldn't take it as fact.

If I'm not mistaken, Hookers fist buff came after the Miller Knee KO and he recieved a power buff there.

He also got lvl 5 rear knee.

Mix this with his latest buff and he's much closer to where he should be.

I think his grappling still needs a buff (see the Diakiase fight and his ability to get Diakiases back on two seperate occasions and basically nullify Bonecrusher completely)

I think his Sub O is too low. However my example for his grappling buff also shows several reasons it could stay the same (ie; he had the back, hooks in, but couldn't get close to a RNC at all in RD.
2, but he showed excellent control, which I think justifies a top game buff)

As for Cro Cop, 98 isn't that irrational. The guy has insane power in his hands. You don't hear about it much because we all think about his kicks and the power in his legs.

But watch him break Sapps orbital with one straight left and tell me he doesn't have power in his hands.

I can't recall the others, but from memory Mirkos left straight was notorious for shattering orbitals.

So I wouldn't really call that an apt comparison.

Luke Rockhold would be a far better example. Deadly legs, not so great hands, 95 power.

Edit: with all this said, I don't actually disagree with you.
Hooker should be buffed still, his moveset needs updating.
As does Moicanos.
And JDS ABSOLUTELY needs a speed nerf.

I recommended 93+his fluidity perk in the stat change thread, but I'm real keen to hear what others think, and wether he even needs fluidity?
It was aholbert32, He said he would not respond to my comments anymore because I'm not intelligent enough to know that power has nothing to do with kicks, knees, or elbows(& that they are only related to move levels) in the game. He basically would ask for evidence and when I gave it he would insult me instead of responding to the evidence. Pretty strange interaction.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Due to that damn Fluidity.
I forgot about his Fluidity perk. So he probably has over 100 speed on his combos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 12:55 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
I forgot about his Fluidity perk. So he probably has over 100 speed on his combos
I believe he has 97 speed and fluidity +3, so exactly 100.

Whereas Stipe is like, 95 + fluidity L4 (99)

God JDS speed is nuts. He didn't look that quick vs Stipe, he certainly didn't look that quick vs Blagoy.

That's like, Prime JDS, before Cain took his soul, back when he was folding Werdum up like an armchair and bullying Cro Cop.

We haven't seen that JDS for a looooong time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »