Home

Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

This is a discussion on Just booted this game up for the first time in months... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Your video is proof that one fighter is aggressive. Your Woodley videos were from before the first patch (there have been 7 since then).

I discredit hyperbole. If you said, I fought "Diaz, D. Sanchez and Moicano and they were aggressive"...my response wouldve been "You are right and here is why these fighters are aggressive". Instead you decided to say every fighter AI is aggressive which is flat out wrong.

Also it wasnt an "attack". People here are so sensitive that if someone challenges their posts or identifies things wrong with their post...its an attack. I didnt call your post dumb. I didnt insult you. I said you failed to give us information that would help us "fix your problem".

I didnt change my focus at all. I asked you for information. You provided it. I responded to that and gave you videos showing you that your premise isnt correct. Now you did change your focus. It went from "every AI is aggressive no matter what" to "most Ais are aggressive if you are in striking range".

As I said before, you started this thread and overstated the problem. It is also attention seeking. There is an AI thread that has been going on since release. You have even posted in it. Its where Skynet responds to most of the complaints or comments about the AI. You couldve posted in there but nah. You had to start your own thread. You couldve identified the fighters you were using in the first post but nah....you had to generalize and make it seem like everybody fights the same.

****, you couldve said to yourself "Before I post this maybe I'll fight more than 3 fighters or maybe I'll fight someone like Machida or Wonderboy and see if this is the case with fighters who are known to be conservative" but nah....thats too much work, I guess.
I played against Romero and he did the same thing.

You shouldn't throw out an entire argument just because you didn't like that I said. It is a widespread problem and as I gave stated multiple times, can be applied to all fighters. They are all capable of acting too aggressive. Many agree with me.

You showed the 5% of the time that it doesn't happen and then act as though it's not a problem. That's bad thinking. Just because something doesn't happen 100% of all time doesn't mean it's not a problem, as you make it out to be. The minority doesn't outweigh the majority. Why can't you acknowledge that it is an issue?

You were very much on the attack and still are, claiming I'm being attention seeking when I've shown my issues. Who gives a **** what thread it is in except You? It's a game ruining problem for me and I love UFC games, played every single one. I want it fixed, I complained in that thread about this and still problems.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
I played against Romero and he did the same thing.

You shouldn't throw out an entire argument just because you didn't like that I said. It is a widespread problem and as I gave stated multiple times, can be applied to all fighters. They are all capable of acting too aggressive. Many agree with me.

You showed the 5% of the time that it doesn't happen and then act as though it's not a problem. That's bad thinking. Just because something doesn't happen 100% of all time doesn't mean it's not a problem, as you make it out to be. The minority doesn't outweigh the majority. Why can't you acknowledge that it is an issue?

You were very much on the attack and still are, claiming I'm being attention seeking when I've shown my issues. Who gives a **** what thread it is in except You? It's a game ruining problem for me and I love UFC games, played every single one. I want it fixed, I complained in that thread about this and still problems.
Where are these "many"? LOL. Where are they? They arent in this thread. They arent on Reddit. They arent posting about this on OS. They havent been tweeting Geoff on Twitter. Where are they? 4 people liked your post. 4.

I didnt show you the 5%. I could go through the entire 250 fighters right now and identify the fighters that are aggressive and the ones who arent. I dont even need to play the game. I can pull up the chart I have, look at their templates and tell you who is aggressive and who isnt.

You arent the majority. At all. The majority of people here like the AI and either like or have no issue with the current pace and aggression. Some do and because of that Skynet made additional adjustments to the AI in the upcoming patch that will make the will lower the aggression some. I've seen clips and I think most will be happy with the changes. I know I liked what I saw.

You wont though because you are very much on the extreme side. The game isnt tuned for real time clock. We arent going to see the average round go to 50-60 strikes with fighters who are aggressive. Those things arent going to happen for multiple valid reasons. The thing is you arent the majority. You are very much a small minority. So as I said before, you need to pray for a slider (which I would love), adjust to the current state of the game or move on.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #59
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
You see this is kind of the problem with your responses. First off, all of what you quoted is true, as evidenced by my video. Second, your method of dealing with my complaint is to only try to discredit it because I said "all" and not some. In op, I was in fact referring to the matches I had just played after booting the game up for the first time in months and indeed, all of my ai opponents were far too aggressive. You also keep harkening back to my old video in an attempt to discredit me when I said numerous times it was all I had but I would get another when I had time. It did show the same issues as the new video.

The responses from you have all been to discredit and pull attention away from an issue, even when it's been shown in my video demonstrating everything I had said. Once I proved you wrong, you changed to focus to only on my use of the word "all." There was never acknowledgement that what I showed was exactly what I described and that it should be looked at as a serious issue.

In my op, I was describing what issues I was having. I didn't know I was to provide every shred of evidence for it, and you immediately went on the attack. That kind of thinking hurts making the game better. You attack people for criticizing unless they can give you a 20 bullet point presentation on what's wrong. That's not how to engage with a community.

Sliders would be a fantastic way to remedy this problem. All I want is a realistic experience and I'm not getting that, which is why I made this post. It was not for attention, it is a true and very annoying issue that I've had with this game from the start.
He didn't discredit you. Just broke your argument down piece by piece and countered arguments of yours that weren't facts. If y'all ain't used to aholbert breaking down posts by now and demanding facts/evidence then you might as well put him on your ignore list (no offense, A).

That being said, he also gave you suggestions on how to accomplish the goal you want. Unless you just want him to agree with you or not acknowledge you, I'm not sure what else you could be looking for from him.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
He didn't discredit you. Just broke your argument down piece by piece and countered arguments of yours that weren't facts. If y'all ain't used to aholbert breaking down posts by now and demanding facts/evidence then you might as well put him on your ignore list (no offense, A).

That being said, he also gave you suggestions on how to accomplish the goal you want. Unless you just want him to agree with you or not acknowledge you, I'm not sure what else you could be looking for from him.

He hasn't broken my argument at all. His only thing was "not all ai is aggressive under very specific circumstances."

Does this look like Tyron Woodley to you? Nearly 70 strikes thrown within a round and pushing forward most of It? Only 5 less than the so called aggressive fighter in Moicano.

https://youtu.be/FQj02INJuB8

Or what about Romero doing the same thing?

https://youtu.be/7GejEZ8ktAE

Both of these we're taken today and they both threw 3 times as many strikes as me, pushed forward a lot, and only threw 5 less than an "aggressive" Moicano in my last video.

How does nobody see this as a problem?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #61
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
He hasn't broken my argument at all. His only thing was "not all ai is aggressive under very specific circumstances."

Does this look like Tyron Woodley to you? Nearly 70 strikes thrown within a round and pushing forward most of It? Only 5 less than the so called aggressive fighter in Moicano.

https://youtu.be/FQj02INJuB8

Or what about Romero doing the same thing?

https://youtu.be/7GejEZ8ktAE

Both of these we're taken today and they both threw 3 times as many strikes as me, pushed forward a lot, and only threw 5 less than an "aggressive" Moicano in my last video.

How does nobody see this as a problem?
That was never just my argument.

As I said before, if you are getting mad because fighters like Romero and Woodley are throwing 60-70 strikes per round, they will likely throw less when the patch comes out. With that said, you still wont be happy because you likely want significantly less than that. There will likely never be a time where Romero and Woodley are throwing 20-30 strikes a round. Whats wild is I posted videos showing Woodley throwing less than 60 strikes so you know its possible. It just doesnt fit your narrative so you ignore it.

As you can see from the responses to this thread, even the hardest of the hardcore sim players (and OS represents that) dont want what you want.

I just want a slider. That way you can be happy in your little niche world with fighters like Romero throwing 5 strikes per minute and others can tweak the game to output they want.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-13-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

This is what people want here. I swear I have never seen a forum on OS with this thin skin when you challenge their posts. Asking questions is considered an attack. Its either agree 100% or dont speak at all.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That was never just my argument.

As I said before, if you are getting mad because fighters like Romero and Woodley are throwing 60-70 strikes per round, they will likely throw less when the patch comes out. With that said, you still wont be happy because you likely want significantly less than that. There will likely never be a time where Romero and Woodley are throwing 20-30 strikes a round.

As you can see from the responses to this thread, even the hardest of the hardcore sim players (and OS represents that) dont want what you want.

I just want a slider. That way you can be happy in your little niche world with fighters like Romero throwing 5 strikes per minute and others can tweak the game to output they want.
Oh so now it is a problem, that's why they're fixing it. Or are they just doing it for no reason because it's not an issue? I'm confused, you acted as though I didn't have a leg to stand on and I was wrong.

Not all AI is aggressive right? Especially not fighters like Woodley or Romero. Oh wait they are, I just proved it. Now it's oh well you just want what others don't. I'm impossible to please, except I had a valid point and proved it multiple times and you're backtracking saying they're fixing it. I never said I want 20-30 strikes. 40-50 is reasonable like you gad in your Woodley video but thats not the norm. You are making assumptions to bolster your argument. Must be some what of a problem if they're changing it.

I've proven you wrong yet again, the AI is too aggressive, my whole point. A slider would help yes, but just tuning the normal output down would do it too. Why can't you just admit that there is a problem?

Last edited by sdpdude9; 08-13-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Oh so now it is a problem, that's why they're fixing it. Or are they just doing it for no reason because it's not an issue? I'm confused, you acted as though I didn't have a leg to stand on and I was wrong.

Not all AI is aggressive right? Especially not fighters like Woodley or Romero. Oh wait they are, I just proved it. Now it's oh well you just want what others don't. I'm impossible to please, except I had a valid point and proved it multiple times and you're backtracking saying they're fixing it. I never said I want 20-30 strikes. 40-50 is reasonable like you gad in your Woodley video but thats not the norm. You are making assumptions to bolster your argument. Must be some what of a problem if they're changing it.

I've proven you wrong yet again, the AI is too aggressive, my whole point. A slider would help yes, but just tuning the normal output down would do it too. Why can't you just admit that there is a problem?
You are so angry that you arent reading my posts anymore.

I clearly said earlier today that some people (not the majority) wanted the aggression lowered some for certain fighters. Not as much as you. They didnt use hyperbole. They didnt claim the AI was broken. They provided direct information about the fighters who they thought were aggressive.

Even though a ton of people werent demanding it, Skynet looked into it and thought it was an easy enough tweak to make so he adjusted it.

As I said before, those people will be happy because they were looking for a small tweak. You wont be happy because you think every fighter is too aggressive. So this tweak will likely do nothing for you.

Whats funny to me is if I wanted too i could post multiple videos with Woodley and Machida and Wonderboy and Romero where they are in the 40-50 range. Its not hard. Its really ****ing easy. I've played probably every fighter in the damn game and hundreds of fights against the AI. I know its weaknesses and its strengths from a realism perspective.

I'm not going to do it because who gives a ****. You are one guy. There are plenty of people (several who have posted in this thread) who loves the AI and its current pace. I think the guys who wanted the tweak will be happy too.

If you are happy with the tweak, cool. If not, who ****ing cares. I'm done arguing over what comes down to 10-15 strikes a round. LOL.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-13-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »