Home

I'm a little scared about the upcoming patch....

This is a discussion on I'm a little scared about the upcoming patch.... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm a little scared about the upcoming patch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
So what you’re saying is you’re currently winning a lot and don’t want many changes!? Haha jk

I do however throughly disagree, this game is undoubtably heading in the right direction but has many, many areas it needs to improve on. Very much looking forward to this patch as I feel the devs will deliver!
my man.

I love grappling and submissions in real life. I'm hoping this will be the patch where they try and make this fun, fast, and balanced.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
my man.

I love grappling and submissions in real life. I'm hoping this will be the patch where they try and make this fun, fast, and balanced.
Absolutley. Pretty much all of my hopes are centrered around a better ground/clinch and submission game.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:02 PM   #11
MVP

Adesanya and venues like WFA, Ultimate Fighter cage for other modes and I am over the moon (:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #12
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
So what you’re saying is you’re currently winning a lot and don’t want many changes!? Haha jk

I do however throughly disagree, this game is undoubtably heading in the right direction but has many, many areas it needs to improve on. Very much looking forward to this patch as I feel the devs will deliver!
hahaha

ehhh my win ratio is slightly better than it was a month ago but not that much of a difference

I guess my biggest fear is this:

EA adds tons of cool new features. They aren't really balanced or 100% thought-out. EA then quits supporting the game in September/October and we're kind of 'stuck' with half-balanced features until UFC 4 comes out.

I mean, I LOVE that such huge changes are taking place this late after launch!....but I guess I'm paranoid that a bunch of new stuff will be added, then EA will pull resources from the game this Fall and we'll be be in some sort of EA UFC 3.5 purgatory for a year

But please please please I hope I'm proven wrong haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 08-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
hahaha

ehhh my win ratio is slightly better than it was a month ago but not that much of a difference

EA adds tons of cool new features. They aren't really balanced or 100% thought-out. EA then quits supporting the game in September/October and we're kind of 'stuck' with half-balanced features until UFC 4 comes out.

I mean, I LOVE that such huge changes are taking place this late after launch!....but I guess I'm paranoid that a bunch of new stuff will be added, then EA will pull resources from the game this Fall and we'll be be in some sort of EA UFC 3.5 purgatory for a year

This is my fear exactly. There are ALWAYS bugs and it takes a while for them to get fixed usually
Old 08-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #14
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Right now I feel that the game is in a pretty good spot (post-tuner) --- There are still a lot of improvements to be made. Especially Clinch/Ground. But if the devs never touched this game again I wouldn't be TOO sad because I could play it as-is for a months to come.

I'm just a bit worried that the new patch will add so many new features that there will be exploits-galore again and it'll take weeks/months to get the game 'back into balance'.

As an example, I'm worried that Clinch Entries will be buffed 'too much'

Clinch needs to be buffed, but in an intelligent way. NOT just a shorter denial window...but nuances need to play a big factor, such as stamina, timing, position, and no longer being able to switch between denying TD and Clinch --- i.e. you get locked-out if you choose the wrong denial, similar to on the ground.

I would also love to see FAILED PRE-DENYS lead to more vulnerability. Both extra vulnerability to strikes, and potential for 'undeniable' clinch/td entry.

OK OK breathe......I have faith in GPD & Friends!!!

I just hope that any major buff/nerf in the upcoming patch is done smartly. I don't want the game to break and have to wait another patch cycle to get it back to where it is now.

But that's the risk you gotta take I guess to always be improving!

So....about those patch spoilers....

I would hope for predenials on the ground that get missed give the other person more time to transition, there are dudes that get in certain positions and pre deny each direction, leaving it to a boring stagnant holding fest.

As long as there is a balance. I have embraced the grappling, mastered the undeniable TDs, *waiting on TJ to have a 90 TD rating, and Jose Aldo a Level 4/5 Lead Body Hook*, now as long as nothing gamebreaking happens we should be set.

I would hope that defensive maneuvers don't take more work than it does to pressure. If somebody's GOOD, top 10 level pressuring you, and you're trying to move side to side, using the evasives, you're more likely to use more stamina than they are. Plus, planted combos track and follow when you try to side lunge, which is ridiculous.

Getting rid of the bugs that have body damage target the head, and vice versa. Along with leg kicks damaging the head.

Really hoping on something good.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:22 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
hahaha

I doubt GPD and the team would dump a heap of half baked features into the game, then abandon fixing any issues they may cause.

I mean.. they haven't yet? So why would they start now?

If they did introduce a new feature that caused issues I'd make a confident bet they'd fix it no matter what.

Let's not forget UFC 2 still got exploit and bug fixes after the patch cycle ended. They're not going to break the game then just abandon it.

In other words, have faith, have GPD and the gang given you any reason to think this will happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

No but EA the Company has led me to believe such a thing is possible ;(

But I shall keep the faith!!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »