Home

The Clay Guida Stamina Tax

This is a discussion on The Clay Guida Stamina Tax within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
The Clay Guida Stamina Tax

A.K.A. Excessive Change In Direction Tax

OK Clay Guide Stamina Tax sounds better.

Long story short --- I've noticed several players will bounce around the Octagon like absolute MANIACS trying to fish for counters.

Generally this has them Backing-Up; Coming Forward; Backing-Up; Coming Forward; Over and Over and Over.

There have been times where I will stand in the center of the Octagon with my guard up...and watch as they go back-and-forth literally 10x or more without throwing a strike. Meanwhile I'm just standing there picking my nose.

I feel as if rapidly and repeatedly changing direction should cost a tiny amount of stamina. (Not a Lunge, but just 'regular' L Stick movement to move).

I'm talking about a veryyyy tiny amount of stamina that will be negligible to just about everyone who doesn't do this crack-head dance.

But for the crackheads who literally bounce back-and-forth 100x in the first round....you they should lose at least a COUPLE percent of long-term stamina. Anyone agree?

Now, I will be the first to say I don't want to nerf movement!!! It's our only hope against pressure fighters. But....the Crack Head Dance needs at least a small stamina tax, not even Clay Guida can keep that up ALL fight lol well OK maybe he can but he is the exception haha

What do you guys think? Have you gone up against these types of fighters before? It's pretty annoying. There are ways to counter this type of tactic but I think it just makes sense to charge a very small stamina tax for these crack heads
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Clay Guida Stamina Tax

Sounds like nerfing movement to me! I usually agree with you, but this is not one your of your better suggestions lol, sorry. I don't see it as a problem at all.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
MVP

The sentiment is correct but movement needs to change first before any implementation, movement has to be up to scratch.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

I completely 100% absolutely violently disagree with that.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
Pro

Stop nerfing all the basic movements. Just make them less effective when you’re damaged and tired from actually fighting. Movement, head movement, how quickly block comes up should be things that slow down as a result of getting tired through fighting, not as a result of the action itself. The whiff tax is also just stupid for basic strike. You can shadow box all day, but even light work on the heavy bag is far more taxing. I get the kicks and over hands (power strikes) getting the whiff tax, but basic single strikes already put you at a counter risk. It is what it is (blessed)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
Pro

I get the proposal but I'm gonna have to disagree.

I'm still not completely agreed that headmovement (and maybe even minor lunges) stamina tax should have been added (it should just slow down/stop stamina recovery while using it if you ask me), but I understand back then headmovement spam was a big problem.

I consider myself a realistic and slower fight pace supporter 100%, but if we start taxing stuff like basic movement this is going to turn into stamina management simulator 2018.

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 08-15-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
Pro

That's a no for me too dawg.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
MVP

Any chance of a video or gifs to illustrate what you mean?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »