Home

I think we have a pawing animation now..

This is a discussion on I think we have a pawing animation now.. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
I think we have a pawing animation now..

HOLY S**T. The new clinch animation is basically a paw! Especially when you flick it a few times man it looks sooooo good now if only we could do it while moving and strike out of it. Anyways just a small detail I noticed while in practice mode. Patch is killer btw great job devs thank you for the amazing dedication you put into this game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: I think we have a pawing animation now..

Yup we do.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
MVP

It's not exactly, but it's definitely a better entry than the old one. I would have preferred if you could sustain the pawing and it were mobile.

I would like to see something similar done for over/under in the next patch. Extend lead arm and ease in instead of the animation we have now for over/under. So in UFC 4, we could have open guard clinch- southpaw v orthodox clinch.

The striking could be also improved further by adding multilateral sprint (strafing/lateral sprint + backwards sprint split from stiff arm retreat) and bringing back/revamping shifting/switching.

It would be good if switching stance got better animations and being able to move fluidly and perform techniques mid stance switch (shifting).

For grappling the main thing that is needed next imo is full grapple mobility- from grounded positions to TDs. It is a primary reason grappling still feels so static and boring compared to the striking.

So the ground positions and TDs should behave more like the clinch positions.. not to mention we need better locomotion in the clinch and grappling in general.

I really like the new way to push someone back down or get them in single under or seated. Also the ability to stay down when knocked down. As mentioned earlier functions like this and the new seated position and cage TD positions should be more widely integrated and accessible. Same thing with the muscle/power modifier.

So this functionality should also extend to when tripped or knocked off balance.. we should have the option to stay down or to jump on. So when on your back in butt scoot or prone position we should also be able to move.

Also with the new angles to the back with the lunges, I think a filling in basic positions like back clinch entry would be appreciated plus a cage back clinch position.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:58 AM   #4
MVP

Only gripe with this is the AI pauses every time I do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »