Home

BUFFERING mechanics Issues + How to fix it

This is a discussion on BUFFERING mechanics Issues + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
BUFFERING mechanics Issues + How to fix it

With 8 gameplay update Buffering scenarios were improved (strangely, it was named "responsiveness" by the Devs).

FAQs:

BUFFERING - you are inputting your ANY action (Strike, Lunge, Sway, Grappling move) DURING your state when you are not in Neutral state, i.e. you can not immediately perform this move (for ex, when you are in stun, during your prev move animation, during holded Block), then this your input is being memorized by the system and then AUTO launching immediately just as your fighter turns out in a Neutral state.

BUFFERING WINDOW (BW) - the duration during which your inputs are memorized by the system. Optimal BW duration i think is 10 frames (1/6 secons). After BW ends all your memorized inputs cleared.

NEUTRAL STATE - the state of your fighter when any your input immediately launches this move animation/performing.

BUFFERING USAGE:
- as soon as your fighter returns to neutral state this inputted move starts AUTOMATICALLY, but IF Buffering window is still not gone/ended. It requires TIMING.

BUFFERING PROS:
1) It delete Input delays in your actions

2) It makes your actions more fluid and organic

3) It solves online lags and delays

4) It allows to Counter much more faster and effectively especially against spammers and hard combo when aiming to string openings.

5) It allows to math your actions using Frame data numbers.

BUFFER CANCEL:
what if buffered action during move you want to cancel - click R2 - it will cancel a buffer or end started strike/move into Feint.

Current EA UFC 3 BUFFERING logic:

NO DELAY between the button press and the strike - the stamina tax is applied on the 1st frame of the strike animation, but the animation blends in so the pose change is very small on the 1st frame.

What can be buffered (chained, cancelling into):
- Dashes
- Lunges
- Dashes <> Lunges
- Sways <> Dashes/Lunges
- Strikes
- Strikes <> Dashes/Lunges
- queue TDs and Clinch attempts after strikes
- queue Hard Combo strikes inputs
- queue Feint (Strike cancel)
- etc.

Exceptions (NOT possible to buffer):
- BWD Lunge > Dashes/Lunges, Sways, Kicks. Possible only into: GMs, Punches.

NO Buffer cancel/clearing (by R2 for example).

This list of Buffering scenarios is not final, so you are welcome to open the discussion in your own scenarios.

ISSUE #1 - BWD Lunge (advanced, Minor BWD lunge is too short) does NOT allow to buffer/chain into it into Dashes/Lunges, Sways, Kicks. Possible ONLY into Grappling moves or Punches...
What is the Devs logic in it?
BWD Lunge is one of the most important baiting tools so IT MUST TO ALLOW to move into countering!

> Allow ALL actions to be able to e buffered/chained after BWD advanced Lunge.

ISSUE #2 - We are NOT able to CANCEL/CLEAR our Buffer when we see that it is required.
Example: I want to make B&B (bread & butter) classical baiting tool FWD Lunge into BWD Lunge to provoke the opponent - i quickly pressing L1+LS fwd, bwd... But during my fwd Lunge i saw that the opponent is NOT baited (it named "HIT/SYGNAL CHECKING), so i want to cancel my follow up bwd Lunge - BUT I CAN NOT anf my fighter is performing it like a robot not a human which can change his mind and stop it! This is WRONG from any point of view - from IRL, from gameplay design!

> Give us ability to cancel/clear ALL our buffered actions by click R2 (Block). If Strike was started - it will be a Feint.

Last edited by SUGATA; 09-06-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 02:45 AM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: BUFFERING mechanics Issues + How to fix it

May be nobody understood what I wrote in English... and I need to describe/translate the problem better?
Old 09-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
May be nobody understood what I wrote in English... and I need to describe/translate the problem better?
I suggested this long ago, we use r2 to clear the queue. Anything input that hasn't yet occurred should be cleared as soon as you hit block, then your block can come up once the current animation has finished.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I suggested this long ago, we use r2 to clear the queue. Anything input that hasn't yet occurred should be cleared as soon as you hit block, then your block can come up once the current animation has finished.
Exactly.
This is named Clear buffer (memory).

It was requested many times before. At least devs made some steps into it, but these 2 issues does not allow to make it at its fullness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »