Home

Will submissions ever be fixed?

This is a discussion on Will submissions ever be fixed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Will submissions ever be fixed?

Curious as to why so many patches and the subs haven’t been touched. Way too fast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 04:20 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Will submissions ever be fixed?

I assume you mean the gate fills are too fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2018, 05:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah the whole sub system is flawed. Don’t know why it’s 99% based on having a significant temp stamina advantage to have any hope of getting one.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Curious as to why so many patches and the subs haven’t been touched. Way too fast
They're pretty bad, I'm hoping they are the focus of the next patch. I have like 2 submissions in my entire UFC career, and both come from standing subs that are 1-2 gates.

The problem is that so many subs result in huge positional losses for a 5% chance of getting the sub.

I can G&P in the mount and really hurt my opponent's block...or I can go for an armbar and end up in guard.

(this one is a beauty) I can go for an arm triangle in side saddle, or be reversed into sub side saddle (letting my opponent instantly getup or gnp me in a good position)

The only subs that are somewhat decent is the armtriangle and guillotine imo, outside of standing subs.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

I have 20 subs this season and that's probably the most out of everyone playing lol

In my opinion subs are kind of slow and the more gates you progress through the more likely you are to give up dominant position in the majority of positions. The difficulty of submission doesn't match up with the consequences on average ( Triangle and armbar, later stages you literally get power bombed and give up side control or they stand up. Kimura gives up position in later gates, side saddle arm triangle in the early stages. The submissions get harder as the gates progress in my experience so this makes it rough. ) I pretty much use them as a hail mary ( guillotine reversal from sprawl is good, or rolling kneebar ) or if I get the chance to catch them in a half guard arm triangle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
They're pretty bad, I'm hoping they are the focus of the next patch. I have like 2 submissions in my entire UFC career, and both come from standing subs that are 1-2 gates.

The problem is that so many subs result in huge positional losses for a 5% chance of getting the sub.

I can G&P in the mount and really hurt my opponent's block...or I can go for an armbar and end up in guard.

(this one is a beauty) I can go for an arm triangle in side saddle, or be reversed into sub side saddle (letting my opponent instantly getup or gnp me in a good position)

The only subs that are somewhat decent is the armtriangle and guillotine imo, outside of standing subs.
5%? More like .05% lol

The only way you are subbing someone who isn't a complete noob is with an ortega sub switch pretty much. FTF subs don't count obviously. There are a select few guys (less than 5 probably) who can actually pull submissions off regularly on decent players, but it's rare, and if you can get to that point where you can hold a good player down consistently enough to drain their stamina, then you're better off just using GnP anyways lol.

I actually had a lot of subs in UFC 2 even though the system wasn't THAT different. In this game it's pointless to even try.

That is one of my major gripes in this game is that it simply does not feel like a feasible strategy to use a BJJ expert and try to work the fight to the ground and pursue a sub. Even if you have Maia and get their back and get a stamina advantage it's STILL pretty damn hard to pull it off. Too many gates maybe? I feel like I can pretty consistently get to the deep gates but rarely finish.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM584
5%? More like .05% lol

The only way you are subbing someone who isn't a complete noob is with an ortega sub switch pretty much. FTF subs don't count obviously. There are a select few guys (less than 5 probably) who can actually pull submissions off regularly on decent players, but it's rare, and if you can get to that point where you can hold a good player down consistently enough to drain their stamina, then you're better off just using GnP anyways lol.

I actually had a lot of subs in UFC 2 even though the system wasn't THAT different. In this game it's pointless to even try.

That is one of my major gripes in this game is that it simply does not feel like a feasible strategy to use a BJJ expert and try to work the fight to the ground and pursue a sub. Even if you have Maia and get their back and get a stamina advantage it's STILL pretty damn hard to pull it off. Too many gates maybe? I feel like I can pretty consistently get to the deep gates but rarely finish.
BJJ guys are hardly threats, at least not with submissions. Very few people have issues being in the guard of Werdum or Maia. The worst thing is reversals with those guys, not submissions.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
BJJ guys are hardly threats, at least not with submissions. Very few people have issues being in the guard of Werdum or Maia. The worst thing is reversals with those guys, not submissions.
Agreed.

I've pulled a few off with Rockhold after landing 100 body kicks or something earlier in the fight, and of course very rarely I'll come across the spaz who never learned to grapple and just spams transitions and gasses, but that is like 1 out of 200 fights it seems like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »