Home

Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

This is a discussion on Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Game Adjustments to deal with unrealistic pressure

Striking numbers being so low has more to do with grappling and the fact that most fighters IRL dont fight like Gaethje.

Dudes in this game will gas if you’re fighting smart on the outside. The whiff tax and the change to endurance has ensured that. This game is nowhere near as bad as it was a few months ago

I could also post a video of me hitting a heavy bag for a minute straight without tiring
Old 09-22-2018, 12:03 AM   #34
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Striking numbers being so low has more to do with grappling and the fact that most fighters IRL dont fight like Gaethje.

Dudes in this game will gas if you’re fighting smart on the outside. The whiff tax and the change to endurance has ensured that. This game is nowhere near as bad as it was a few months ago

I could also post a video of me hitting a heavy bag for a minute straight without tiring
Yes it's much better now than it was. I actually said exactly that...

The thing is..

You shouldn't have to 'make the opponent whif''. If you throw 130 strikes a round non stop, like how people play this game, you WILL be tired. It doesn't matter if you're hitting gloves, head, fence, a bag, it doesn't matter. That kind of non stop output will tire you out. Again, look at the numbers. There's no argument. The numbers in game are 2 to 3 times higher than real life. That's hard data.

Why should I have to master every mechanic in the game, gain a massive skill and knowledge advantage over my opponents, and play wildly smarter and more technical than them to get an edge, when just throwing non stop combos can be so incredibly effective for half the effort?

Is combo spam beatable? Yes. Is combo spam OP? Probably not. Is it wildly, insanely unrealistic and nothing like the sport we're supposed to be representing? Yes.

Nothing about that reflects reality.

There's no excuse for that in my opinion, unless your goal is to make an arcade style fighter like Mortal Kombat.

I'm ok with someone being able to go crazy in the first round, but there needs to be actual, real consequences to doing so.

And ok, I challenge you to post a video of you hitting the bag then. I'm trying to move away the bag example and show you objective data, but yes, please, please show me a video of you hitting the bag for a minute. Id honestly love to see that.

Last edited by Haz_____; 09-22-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
Yes it's much better now than it was. I actually said exactly that...

The thing is..

You shouldn't have to 'make the opponent whif''. If you throw 130 strikes a round non stop, like how people play this game, you WILL be tired. It doesn't matter if you're hitting gloves, head, fence, a bag, it doesn't matter. That kind of non stop output will tire you out. Again, look at the numbers. There's no argument. The numbers in game are 2 to 3 times higher than real life. That's hard data.

Why should I have to master every mechanic in the game, gain a massive skill and knowledge advantage over my opponents, and play wildly smarter and more technical than them to get an edge, when just throwing non stop combos can be so incredibly effective for half the effort?

Is combo spam beatable? Yes. Is combo spam OP? Probably not. Is it wildly, insanely unrealistic and nothing like the sport we're supposed to be representing? Yes.

Nothing about that reflects reality.

There's no excuse for that in my opinion, unless your goal is to make an arcade style fighter like Mortal Kombat.

I'm ok with someone being able to go crazy in the first round, but there needs to be actual, real consequences to doing so.

And ok, I challenge you to post a video of you hitting the bag then. I'm trying to move away the bag example and show you objective data, but yes, please, please show me a video of you hitting the bag for a minute. Id honestly love to see that.
Cool, i’ll post it tomorrow.

And you didnt even acknowledge any of my argument

Guys in real life dont strike as the same output because of grappling, the danger of being countered , and stamina related reasons.

Your data does prove that the game is far more stand up oriented than it should be imo. If we could reliably clinch dudes in close range or land easy TDs against forward moving combos I think you’d see strike volume decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #36
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

There are many variables as to why output is lower in real life.

Grappling sure, threat of the takedown, threat of being hit is huge, cardio, etc. In real life you have to fight smart because the consequences are enormous.

This is what makes the sport so technical and amazing to us fight fans.

You can grapple people in the game, and we have a solid vulnerability system, so in theory these variables should be represented in game already.

However, even with the accelerated clock which makes a 5 minute round only 3 minutes, the numbers in game are still, even after all the patches, massively exaggerated from what you see in real life.

There may be many factors contributing to this, but I feel like it's hard to argue that blocked shots draining minimal stamina doesn't have a huge effect on players ability to throw out constant non stop volume.

Last edited by Haz_____; 09-22-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:30 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
There are many variables as to why output is lower in real life.

Grappling sure, threat of the takedown, threat of being hit is huge, cardio, etc. In real life you have to fight smart because the consequences are enormous.

This is what makes the sport so technical and amazing to us fight fans.

You can grapple people in the game, and we have a solid vulnerability system, so in theory these variables should be represented in game already.

However, even with the accelerated clock which makes a 5 minute round only 3 minutes, the numbers in game are still, even after all the patches, massively exaggerated from what you see in real life.
Grappling is very underpowered vs pressure in the game. In real life you have to stay on the outside to outstrike a grappler. In game you’re safest in their face. I think this is the main culprit for the ridiculous striking numbers currently. If people had to worry about grappling because of their pressure they’d back off more.

I’m not disagreeing that dudes fight at an insane pace in the game. Im just saying that they will gas now if they’re reckless. Look at striking %s in real life. Dudes miss A LOT. If you make your opp miss then you’ll see them gasping for air in no time. Especially if you go to the body. You cant force anyone to fight a slower pace. Most would rather go out on their shield swinging for the fences.

I’ve been arguing for stamina/footwork changes since the beginning and the Devs are doing a damn good job at balancing everything imo.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #38
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I honestly don't believe that. I train BJJ every Sunday, I'm young, fit, athletic, and I know for a fact when I hit the bag I get tired fast.
I'm sorry, what? You don't belive I do 3 minutes on a heavy bag without dying? That's like a standard heavy bag routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Striking numbers being so low has more to do with grappling and the fact that most fighters IRL dont fight like Gaethje
This. People go ape****, and there's no real clinch to shut it down when they do. That being said; I agree, I think stamina should be taxed more.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
No. No, It wasn't wrong at all. It was completely accurate.

Counter Punch also already addressed this, but unsurprisingly you replied to every comment but this one...

Where did the idea that blocked strikes drain no stamina even come from?

Go hit a heavy bag and I guarantee you'll be gassed in under a minute.

You know I can read, right? You said they drain no stamina when they actually do. He responded that they do drain SOME stamina. Then you corrected yourself and said not enough.

Your original statement was wrong.

I didnt address the other statements because like I said I dont care if this gets changed or not. I just find it ridiculous that you got an attitude because you made an incorrect statement and someone corrected you on it.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Where did the idea that blocked strikes drain no stamina even come from?

Go hit a heavy bag and I guarantee you'll be gassed in under a minute.

You know I can read, right? You said they drain no stamina when they actually do. He responded that they do drain SOME stamina. Then you corrected yourself and said not enough.

Your original statement was wrong.

I didnt address the other statements because like I said I dont care if this gets changed or not. I just find it ridiculous that you got an attitude because you made an incorrect statement and someone corrected you on it.
so what the point discuss this instead of the topic?
Do you really wanna stay in this punchbag subject or will add something about abou the stamina/pressure in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »