Home

Connor vs Khabib the update after

This is a discussion on Connor vs Khabib the update after within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Connor vs Khabib the update after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankoz
If Khabib rushes forward without throwing anything he is going to lay knocked out on the canvas in 1st round.
Well the guy who rushed forward and threw punches got knocked out in 13 secs. He needs to pressure him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 07:22 AM   #42
Banned

One thing I find really weird is everyone actin like Khabib is a terrible striker with no experience

Dude has been doin sambo his whole life.

He knows how to take a punch and how to defend himself. I just think their striking is more about looping punches to create clinch opportunities
Old 09-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
One thing I find really weird is everyone actin like Khabib is a terrible striker with no experience

Dude has been doin sambo his whole life.

He knows how to take a punch and how to defend himself. I just think their striking is more about looping punches to create clinch opportunities
Conor does wrestling. There are levels to this. If they grapple connnor gets mauled if they stand khabib won’t do well
Old 09-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Conor does wrestling. There are levels to this. If they grapple connnor gets mauled if they stand khabib won’t do well
Connor started training grappling for MMA

Khabib has done Sambo his entire life meaning he has been grappling and striking since a child.

He’s not Connor on the feet but dudes talk about Khabib like he’s Demian Maia or something
Old 09-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #45
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Connor started training grappling for MMA

Khabib has done Sambo his entire life meaning he has been grappling and striking since a child.

He’s not Connor on the feet but dudes talk about Khabib like he’s Demian Maia or something
Most everyone in mma are fairly decent strikers, know how to take a punch and defend themselves. Afterall, they train. Sure he's not Demian Maia on the feet he's a better striker than that, but he's not a great striker either and he's going against one. Like OPSPunk said, there are lvls to this thing and those lvls tend to show when a guy that's just decent goes against a guy thats elite.

Last edited by WarMMA; 09-25-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Most everyone in mma are fairly decent strikers, know how to take a punch and defend themselves. Afterall, they train. Sure he's not Demian Maia on the feet he's a better striker than that, but he's not a great striker either and he's going against one. Like OPSPunk said, there are lvls to this thing and those lvls tend to show when a guy that's just decent goes against a guy thats elite.
Of course, in a straight up striking contest Conor starches Khabib. But this isnt a straight striking contest and I dont think for a second Khabib is afraid to get hit or cant take a punch.

Conor vs Mendes and Khabib vs Michael Johnson are likely the two best indicators of how this fight goes.

Look at how Khabib deals with a fast straight left from a southpaw. He still rolls with it and steps back to mitigate damage.

Also when under fire Khabib keeps his right hand near his chin ducks to his left.Conor’s straight left is amazing but other than that his striking isnt really that dangerous. If he ends up overcommiting like he usually does he’s going for a ride.

Connor wins this like 2/10 times.

It’s still possible because he does have that special KO power but Khabib has incredible coaches and there’s no way they arent prepared for the left.

Now if Connor has added some new boxing tools things will be very interesting

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 09-25-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #47
Banned

Philly...

I am no Connnnor fan but I think you are underestimating his striking. It’s not just his left it’s everything he does to set up the left. From his kicks to his hand position to his footwork to his movement.

Khabib isn’t on that level. If he is standing for longer than 2 minutes in round 1 he might be in trouble. That said, I think khabib puts him on his *** within one minute. Or at least again the fence
Old 09-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Philly...

I am no Connnnor fan but I think you are underestimating his striking. It’s not just his left it’s everything he does to set up the left. From his kicks to his hand position to his footwork to his movement.

Khabib isn’t on that level. If he is standing for longer than 2 minutes in round 1 he might be in trouble. That said, I think khabib puts him on his *** within one minute. Or at least again the fence
I really dont think he does anything special to set it up. That’s what makes him so scary. He uses great pressure, has fantastic head movement, and damn near perfect distance management. But his left just flies effortlessly with a lot of power. His counter left specifically is what’s dangerous. He actually reaches for it a lot when not countering and I think that’ll get him in trouble vs Khabib.

The first couple of exchanges will be scary for Khabib but I fully expect things to go exactly like the Michael Johnson fight. Unless it turns out that Connor is a wizard on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »