Home

we need distance measurement tools

This is a discussion on we need distance measurement tools within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: we need distance measurement tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Stamina is in a pretty good spot imo

You are 100% right about the ranges and I hope that’s addressed
Its in a good spot for sure... but i dont feel accurate, the most effective way to drain your opponent can be easilly done by the agressor that throw more than 120 strikes per round.

But lets keep in the range thing... when they adress this, there will be less “runners” like me ... i like to stay in safe range(at the end of his jab) and pick my opponent appart with counters... but with this range problem i stay more time walking backwards because im always at his 1-2 range ... kinda turns me in a sway straight spammer...
Old 10-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Idk, but sounds like you may be neglecting your main distance measuring tool which is the jab. When you want to measure distance in these games or even irl, your first option is the jab. I touch my way in all the time with it. I'll just flick a jab out in the air here and there when I wanna guage distance. Sometimes I even trick opponents with it, cuz they think i'm trying to hit them and they start swinging at me. But on topic, I wouldn't mind like a pawing animation or something were you can extend the arm out. That would be cool.
I use the jab to measure distance but I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I feel like it has an unintended effed that makes me hesitant to overuse it.

I don't want it to impact my stamina, plus it becomes the first punch in a potential combo.

It could just be me over thinking it though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #19
MVP

This isn’t necessary like OP suggests, but hand fighting would be interesting to implement. I love pawing and think it’s very aesthetically pleasing as well. Removing the high (still too high even after the buff) stamina tax on the stiff arm retreat and allowing you to use it going forward or sideways would be cool. Again, remove stamina but make leg kicks absolutely crush them to balance.

Allow strikes to be performed off the paw and allow the other fighter to strip the hand away if out too long or if predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-05-2018, 03:53 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This isn’t necessary like OP suggests, but hand fighting would be interesting to implement. I love pawing and think it’s very aesthetically pleasing as well. Removing the high (still too high even after the buff) stamina tax on the stiff arm retreat and allowing you to use it going forward or sideways would be cool. Again, remove stamina but make leg kicks absolutely crush them to balance.

Allow strikes to be performed off the paw and allow the other fighter to strip the hand away if out too long or if predictable.

So basically parrying that makes sense.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

Hand trapping (or in this case, stripping) is a distant cousin of parrying, but not the same at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

I like it

Could also be used to set up single collar since it has no range now
Old 10-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #23
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I use the jab to measure distance but I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I feel like it has an unintended effed that makes me hesitant to overuse it.

I don't want it to impact my stamina, plus it becomes the first punch in a potential combo.

It could just be me over thinking it though.

The stamina tax for jab is little to nothing. Don't worry about it, but just dont spam it. Once you find your range with it enough, you should be able to just look and know when your in range without even jabbing.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
The stamina tax for jab is little to nothing. Don't worry about it, but just dont spam it. Once you find your range with it enough, you should be able to just look and know when your in range without even jabbing.
Thanks for the tip. I think if I'm being honest and had someone watching me play my real problem is not resisting the temptation to throw a big strike behind the jab that hits just air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »