Home

HAPTIC FEEDBACK Vibration details - for advantage in EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on HAPTIC FEEDBACK Vibration details - for advantage in EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 04:50 AM   #9
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HAPTIC FEEDBACK Vibration details - for advantage in EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
I just feel like you have an immense amount of time on your hands to consistently type up these threads
I do it for myself (copy past).
Second - it was for Devs to evolve this under the hood features. Again to get more innovative game (for me).
Excuse me that I wanted to share these info with community like before.
OK, i will think next time about sharing such info if you don’t want it.
Promise that you will do it better as you did all this time...

Last edited by SUGATA; 10-07-2018 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:00 AM   #10
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I do it for myself (copy past).
Second - it was for Devs to evolve this under the hood features. Again to get more innovative game (for me).
Excuse me that I wanted to share these info with community like before.
OK, i will think next time about sharing such info if you don’t want it.
Promise that you will do it better as you did all this time...
We understand your intentions, but unfortunately more people are likely to use this for unfair advantages rather than for skill. It's meant for the visually impaired, I would hope to keep it that way.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #11
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
We understand your intentions, but unfortunately more people are likely to use this for unfair advantages rather than for skill. It's meant for the visually impaired, I would hope to keep it that way.
This Vibration signals MUST to be for ALL by default - this is right from any point of view:
1. gameplay pov - it brings useful information, which does not break the balance or decreasing skill value

2. realism pov - it add more inside-octagon feelings when you feel your opponent not only by visual contact from outside the octagon (camera type).

3. atmosphere pov - you are more invited into the action

4. skill/challenge pov (cybersport) - to feel and react to vibration signals is not so easy as you think, it requires training and learning and fast reaction especially when many factors are changing across the fight.

5. justice pov -all fightings has hit checking tools, b/c this is NEEDED for playing properly and consciously. Otherwise - b/c of lack of incoming infos you will be more random in your responses to fight changes.

Last edited by SUGATA; 10-07-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
This Vibration signals MUST to be for ALL by default - this is right from any point of view:
1. gameplay pov - it brings useful information, which does not break the balance or decreasing skill value

2. realism pov - it add more inside-octagon feelings when you feel your opponent not only by visual contact from outside the octagon (camera type).

4. skill/challenge pov (cybersport) - to feel and react to vibration signals is not so easy as you think, it requires training and learning and fast reaction especially when many factors are changing across the fight.

5. justice pov -all fightings has hit checking tools, b/c this is NEEDED for playing properly and consciously. Otherwise - b/c of lack of incoming infos you will be more random in your responses to fight changes.
are all these in the game? or just the 1s on the feet
Old 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:

I'm not for it, because IRL I don't have haptic feedback vibrating telling me where my opponent is going to strike. It's not realistic , it's a gimmick. There are tons of visual cues to know when to strike and counter, but if you feel comfortable with some telekenetic vibration telling you what you need to do, I don't know.

Let me show you a video fighting against a dude who uses haptic feedback ( who told me right after) and you tell me if it was in ANY shape or form realistic or even fair, knowing that this dude was somehow able to know where I was going to strike.

I had this video Hidden so only Martial Mind could see it, to see the problem with this haptic feedback playstyle and he agreed with me.

There is no lack of info, there are distance management tools with the right characters, I've beaten pressuring McGregors with friggin Bruce Lee with the proper use of my moveset despite being at a huge stat discrepancy. I have been as high as #5 in the world and I have beaten everybody in the top 10 now, they can all vouch for my timing and I don't need some haptic feedback to do so.

https://youtu.be/E9GssLE52e0

SuperSandSoldier aka Ricohet90 the only guy I know that uses haptic feedback. You look at that playstyle, and tell me how the heck is that realistic at all.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
MVP

Agree with Romero, its for the visually impaired. I don’t mind having a vibration for landed strikes, but there is no such thing as a vibration that will tell you whether someone will clinch you or take you down. This is from someone who has done MMA for many years, the closest thing we have is quick response reactions, but those have nothing to do with vibrations and more to do with what we drill.

Again, i dont mind if you want to add it to generate a bigger feel for the game, but it should be just that, nothing foretelling.

Richochet9 is a great example of how people abuse this system
Old 10-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I'm not for it, because IRL I don't have haptic feedback vibrating telling me where my opponent is going to strike. It's not realistic , it's a gimmick. There are tons of visual cues to know when to strike and counter, but if you feel comfortable with some telekenetic vibration telling you what you need to do, I don't know.

Let me show you a video fighting against a dude who uses haptic feedback ( who told me right after) and you tell me if it was in ANY shape or form realistic or even fair, knowing that this dude was somehow able to know where I was going to strike.

I had this video Hidden so only Martial Mind could see it, to see the problem with this haptic feedback playstyle and he agreed with me.

There is no lack of info, there are distance management tools with the right characters, I've beaten pressuring McGregors with friggin Bruce Lee with the proper use of my moveset despite being at a huge stat discrepancy. I have been as high as #5 in the world and I have beaten everybody in the top 10 now, they can all vouch for my timing and I don't need some haptic feedback to do so.

https://youtu.be/E9GssLE52e0

SuperSandSoldier aka Ricohet90 the only guy I know that uses haptic feedback. You look at that playstyle, and tell me how the heck is that realistic at all.
1) In your video example i do not see his advantage from Haptic feedback:
- his landed/thrown stats and yours are similar in %
- many times he made wrong level decision in blocking

2) Feint strikes vibrates (haptic) the same as full real strikes => so Feints can be used as a bait against Haptic feedback abuse...

but again, i dont see much advantage from Level vibration tips.

the most advantage is from Hit checking (landed, whiffed, blocked).

Anyway,

If you think that Haptic feedback exactly in strike/gm level tips is a cheat - then it must to be REMOVED AT ALL from the game.
Otherwise, it will bring unbalanced advantage from your pov.

Ask GPD for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
1) In your video example i do not see his advantage from Haptic feedback:
- his landed/thrown stats and yours are similar in %
- many times he made wrong level decision in blocking

2) Feint strikes vibrates (haptic) the same as full real strikes => so Feints can be used as a bait against Haptic feedback abuse...

but again, i dont see much advantage from Level vibration tips.

the most advantage is from Hit checking (landed, whiffed, blocked).

Anyway,

If you think that Haptic feedback exactly in strike/gm level tips is a cheat - then it must to be REMOVED AT ALL from the game.
Otherwise, it will bring unbalanced advantage from your pov.

Ask GPD for that.
It should be removed. If your visually impaired you aren’t playing anyway. No need to let some Russian cheater take advantage.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »