Home

Leg Kick Check

This is a discussion on Leg Kick Check within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Leg Kick Check

Leg kick checks should get a similar treatment that body kick catches got imo.

The leg kicks are underutilized at the highest levels due to this currently. There is extreme punishment for leg kicks just for holding low block.

EA UFC 3 is a punching game at its core at the moment. Opening up the striking would do wonders for balance and realism as the current primarily punching meta does not reflect reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Leg Kick Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Leg kick checks should get a similar treatment that body kick catches got imo.

The leg kicks are underutilized at the highest levels due to this currently. There is extreme punishment for leg kicks just for holding low block.

EA UFC 3 is a punching game at its core at the moment. Opening up the striking would do wonders for balance and realism as the current primarily punching meta does not reflect reality.
Yep. The leg kick check is a problem, especially with guys who flick high block low block. I try to kick when they throw Overhands or if they try to throw a head kick so I get a leg health event.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
MVP

^

It would be interesting if both got a new input like the old parry input but that is far fetched at this point. So having leg kick checks have the same or similar feel to the body kick catch now is a better option.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
^

It would be interesting if both got a new input like the old parry input but that is far fetched at this point. So having leg kick checks have the same or similar feel to the body kick catch now is a better option.
Having it by level like how ZombieRommel suggested it for body kick catches would be good. Tired of my Aldo Leg Kicks getting checked by a McGregor who's constantly rubbing his nipples and his belly.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
MVP

This isn’t a problem with leg kick checks, it’s a problem with high-low block being abused. The effectiveness of just randomly going back and forth is too high. Against players who don’t do that, there is no issue.

Halve the effectiveness of the block and take away all checking and catching if someone switches high-low more than once in that split second time frame.

To say leg kicks aren’t used in high levels is accurate, but not because they get checked. It’s because they serve less purpose in a three round fight. If you’re fighting a good player, you have to be judicious in order to get both legs down before the end of the third. In a five rounder, there is more leniency.

However, if you actually time your leg kicks correctly, you can increase the damage and still make them effective in a three rounder. You can also use the push for a free leg kick every time.

I accepted the catch kick nerf because it made sense realistically and gameplay wise because of the levels even though getting your kicks caught shouldn’t be an issue if you’re any good at the game.

Nerfing leg kick checks is something I cannot abide. If you have any issue landing consistent leg kicks against someone not abusing the block, you have greater issues.

I will play anyone and I will land 10 leg kicks in the first round unchecked to show you how easy it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
This isn’t a problem with leg kick checks, it’s a problem with high-low block being abused. The effectiveness of just randomly going back and forth is too high. Against players who don’t do that, there is no issue.

Halve the effectiveness of the block and take away all checking and catching if someone switches high-low more than once in that split second time frame.

To say leg kicks aren’t used in high levels is accurate, but not because they get checked. It’s because they serve less purpose in a three round fight. If you’re fighting a good player, you have to be judicious in order to get both legs down before the end of the third. In a five rounder, there is more leniency.

However, if you actually time your leg kicks correctly, you can increase the damage and still make them effective in a three rounder. You can also use the push for a free leg kick every time.

I accepted the catch kick nerf because it made sense realistically and gameplay wise because of the levels even though getting your kicks caught shouldn’t be an issue if you’re any good at the game.

Nerfing leg kick checks is something I cannot abide. If you have any issue landing consistent leg kicks against someone not abusing the block, you have greater issues.

I will play anyone and I will land 10 leg kicks in the first round unchecked to show you how easy it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I leg kick pretty well. The high block low block is still pretty annoying though, I'm aboard for that idea you have.

Did not know about the push free leg kick though!
Old 11-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
MVP

The best time for leg kicks so far depends on your opponent's patterns. If a player throws a blocked 1-2 and then backs up I usually toss a stationary leg kick. Also using side movement with leg kicking helps. If they focus on low block I'll throw feints or straights to their face.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
Rookie

I recall trying to take out someone's leg doing this high-low block but it definitely isn't worth it.

Start throwing 1-2s and try to get them to just block high. I've had more success doing this when against that nonsense.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »