Home

Old 11-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
It would be cool if fighters like Ngannou did have that 1 punch and it's over type power but footwork and defensive control needs improvement if this is going to be the case. Also combos would need reworking too.

Watch the Fury vs Wilder fight closely. There will be lots of stuff in there that could be adapted to UFC 4.

If they add hard shots, and you throw a looping, full committed overhand, it shouldn't be comboable into an uppercut unless there is a huge windup / delay.

Perhaps this is something they can look at if they are indeed keeping the combo system:

- Touch butt style combos. Light and used more by stick and move guys. Frustrating to play against. Has the least windup, faster recovery but low damage. Animations would show a lot of non-comittal strikes, so minimal body weight shifting, less torque, more arm punches and throwaway stuff. Can combo chain infinitely but easily intercepted by a sit down power punch. Emphasis is similar on all shots. Michael Bisping style. KOs can happen when combined with magical timing.

- Baseball pitcher combos. Heavy stuff. Tires whoever throws but has serious power. Weight transfers into shots. Combo chains are usually very very short. Cadence and windup is different. Emphasis is fully on the last shot in the chain. Think Jab-Jab-BAZOOKAor Hendo Leg Kick-BAZOOKA. KOs happen almost whenever they connect flush.

- Tough guy combos. Throws everything hard. Doesn't have the one punch KO shots like the baseball pitcher. Much more stiff but hurtful. Think Paulo Costa style. Emphasis is on every shot. Combo chains are short. More windup than touch butt. KOs come through wearing down the opponent.

I mean really a hard shot / light shot button would do magic for this stuff but you'd still want to vary the animation styles in combos.

You would then have footwork styles to match the different combo styles and stamina etc.

Just an idea.
I like it, I really do, you expand upon my basic idea of heavy hitters vs volume strikers. I just hope the right people are following and are keeping notes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »