Home

How do you stop these guys running backwards the whole fight?

This is a discussion on How do you stop these guys running backwards the whole fight? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #9
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you stop these guys running backwards the whole fight?

One little thing I use to close distance is feinting a step in jab to the body. It works very well with shorter fighters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorgzz
Most of the time I don’t have a problem with people constantly backing up because almost everyone I fought just likes to barrage me like a mini gun. But I fought one TJ Dillashaw while I was Assuncao I’m not very good at cutting off the cage till I get their back against the cage. But with Tj’s foot movement speed I could barely keep up with him just walking around. Barely throwing anything till I would eventually catch up. But that continued for the last two rounds because in the first round he noticed I was more so trying to go for takedowns or clinches mixing in punching exchanges. But then after that he would just keep denying takedowns and stalled his way to a decision lol. So next time I’ll try to not press forward but Left and right mainly.
Stop fighting at the lighter weights is my suggestion. Strikes mean more at heavier weights and it feels much more like how a real fight would play out.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Leg Kicks!

They are so efficient the more distance you and your opponent have! Especially if they are walking backwards!

They always mini-stun em and deal way too much damage, to counter the constant running away.

As Haz said, your lateral movement is important, don't try to go directly after them, move sideways to cut em off and throw those leg kicks when they try to move sideways onto them, to deal the most damage!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Stop fighting at the lighter weights is my suggestion. Strikes mean more at heavier weights and it feels much more like how a real fight would play out.
I honestly don't know how you guys can play the heavy weight classes. It feels so sluggish, and recovery frames are so huge, its painful to play, literally induces anxiety. I'll do welterweight, no higher.

To the OP, I like the lead leg kick for slowing these guys down. Don't walk around with your block up, only block if they throw since you move faster without blocking. Feinting will open certain guys up, but some get wise quick, so best thing to do is be creative, and throw 1-2 strikes max. It's still possible to get homer-simpson'd if you're not careful. I find cage cutting very easy, but some guys are super dangerous when you corner them so sometimes it at least forces them to fight.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I honestly don't know how you guys can play the heavy weight classes. It feels so sluggish, and recovery frames are so huge, its painful to play, literally induces anxiety. I'll do welterweight, no higher.

To the OP, I like the lead leg kick for slowing these guys down. Don't walk around with your block up, only block if they throw since you move faster without blocking. Feinting will open certain guys up, but some get wise quick, so best thing to do is be creative, and throw 1-2 strikes max. It's still possible to get homer-simpson'd if you're not careful. I find cage cutting very easy, but some guys are super dangerous when you corner them so sometimes it at least forces them to fight.
HW is nice if you're good at landing first, but are bad at gauging range and fighting the technical fight.

So it suits different playstyles.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
HW is nice if you're good at landing first, but are bad at gauging range and fighting the technical fight.

So it suits different playstyles.
Yeah i get what you mean about landing first. i feel like i can't get the timing down at HW and if i don't land first, i'm stuck unable to do anything at all.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #15
Pro

Striking while moving is the key to cage cutting. Once you get them near the cage, you should no longer try to move forward. Just move left or right, or even slightly backwards if necessary, to stay between them and the center of the octagon. Use strikes while moving left or right, because this actually keeps you in front of them more effectively. Jab jab while moving is very effective for cage cutting, as is a leg kick.

Use your block and head movement to hold your ground, and don’t be afraid to back off a little bit. Disengaging is an important part of pressuring effectively. As long as you’re controlling the center of the octagon and moving laterally, your opponent has way less room to run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

easiest guys to takedown. just keep them there till their stamina drains. then toy with the next rounds. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »