Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.13 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.13 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #65
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New patch spoilers - 12/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If youve never seen a grappler get an easy takedown after rocking/stunning someone, you probably havent watched a ton of MMA.

Stats seem to mean alot especially when it comes to control in grappling. In fact, Ive heard multiple people complain here and other places that stats on the ground mean too much.

It may just be time for you to start focusing on UFC 4 or a new game in a new genre at this point. You havent been happy with it since release and even with the myriad of improvements, you still seem unhappy. Thats fine but we are almost a year and in the game is what it is at this point.
I took a break playing competitively since june, i was in the top 50 at that point so regardless of my feelings i know what im talking about.

Recently started playing again and i decided to voice my displeasure.

As for the "you probably haven't watched mma" cmon dude, im debating you on a obscure mma forum for a game hardly anyone plays. Of course i watch mma.

Having someone that only plays against the computer, telling me to quit playing, is extremely frustrating.

Last edited by Morgan Monkman; 12-05-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #66
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
No worries man...if you read a page or two back, devs said the spear double isn't really undeniable. You can still pre deny it.
Its off a rock that you can be taken down, not the spear double. Unless im still wrong?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #67
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
If youve never seen a grappler get an easy takedown after rocking/stunning someone, you probably havent watched a ton of MMA.

Stats seem to mean alot especially when it comes to control in grappling. In fact, Ive heard multiple people complain here and other places that stats on the ground mean too much.

It may just be time for you to start focusing on UFC 4 or a new game in a new genre at this point. You havent been happy with it since release and even with the myriad of improvements, you still seem unhappy. Thats fine but we are almost a year and in the game is what it is at this point.
Ah but it really isn't what it is yet...not with all these game changing stuff in patches. We've had tons of game changing stuff for striking. The striking is a whole different animal than it was at launch now. And now grappling is getting its share. The cage td positions, the new transitions on the cage and now driving td's? Thats huge for grappling cuz now its allowing you to use grapplers more at their full potential. This is a totally different game than it was at launch. One can even argue its UFC 3 and a half.

Last edited by WarMMA; 12-05-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #68
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Its off a rock that you can be taken down, not the spear double. Unless im still wrong?
The spear double is the "undeniable" td that you can get off a rock or when you have a 50% stamina advantage. But the devs said its actually not undeniable though, cuz you can pre deny it. If you do, you'll insta sprawl it everytime. So imo, its fine now.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:12 PM   #69
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
The spear double is the "undeniable" td that you can get off a rock or when you have a 50% stamina advantage. But the devs said its actually not undeniable though, cuz you can pre deny it. If you do, you'll insta sprawl it everytime. So imo, its fine now.
Thanks for clarifying
Old 12-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I took a break playing competitively since june, i was in the top 50 at that point so regardless of my feelings i know what im talking about.

Recently started playing again and i decided to voice my displeasure.

As for the "you probably haven't watched mma" cmon dude, im debating you on a obscure mma forum for a game hardly anyone plays. Of course i watch mma.

Having someone that only plays against the computer, telling me to quit playing, is extremely frustrating.

The game has changed a lot in the last 6 mos so it’s kinda funny to hear you know what you are talking about.

You said you’ve never seen a person get an easy takedown off a rock when I’ve seen it happen a lot and often. So if you havent seen that EVER, I do question how many fights youve watched.

Whether I play against the cpu or not doesn’t really matter when it comes to my point. You dislike the game. You’ve disliked it since release based on your posts. You still dislike it and that’s fine but at this point the game is what it is. That’s why I said either focus on ufc 4 with suggestions to make the game what you want or play something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by aholbert32; 12-05-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #71
Rookie

Lmao bruh SASSY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Ah but it really isn't what it is yet...not with all these game changing stuff in patches. We've had tons of game changing stuff for striking. The striking is a whole different animal than it was at launch now. And now grappling is getting its share. The cage td positions, the new transitions on the cage and now driving td's? Thats huge for grappling cuz now its allowing you to use grapplers more at their full potential. This is a totally different game than it was at launch. One can even argue its UFC 3 and a half.
But how many more updates do you think we will get? Next month will make it a year from release. I dont know how many patches we have left but it cant be that many. Eventually, they will turn their focus to UFC 4 and the game will be what it is.

I dont think many people who hated this game before this patch are now like "There is a driving takedown and a spear takedown...this game is ****ing awesome". Nope. If you liked it yesterday, you will likely like it more today with these additions. If you hated it yesterday, you may hate it less now but this patch isnt that "game changing" to make you love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »