Home

What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
I did not know there was one off a push...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
single leg off a push is damn near undeniable, or maybe completely...I can't 100% recall whether I've blocked any.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #10
Banned

Feelings have been hurt now, so when I ask this its not aggressive.. But are we to believe that when you are unaware of your surroundings, off balance, and possibly concussed that people have the ability to stop someone from grabbing the back of our thighs, pushing their shoulder into our center of gravity and throwing us to the ground?

Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Spear double isn't really undeniable guys...Skynet just cleared that up in the patch thread. He said you can actually pre deny and insta sprawl it if you do. But its risk/reward cuz pre deny means you're not blocking your noggin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
at least with undeniable off a rock its earned. that undeniable TD off the push is the **** that's gotta go.
Thats not broken. You can predeny when you see the push. And this is a long awaited break for grapplers. If you allow yourself enough damage to get rocked thats on you. Stop coming forward. Stop telling geoff to save you. You kids ruined grappling at launch. Sorry but were playing an mma game now. We put up with 163 spam long enough
Old 12-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Thats not broken. You can predeny when you see the push. And this is a long awaited break for grapplers. If you allow yourself enough damage to get rocked thats on you. Stop coming forward. Stop telling geoff to save you. You kids ruined grappling at launch. Sorry but were playing an mma game now. We put up with 163 spam long enough
pretty sure burning is a grappler iirc
Old 12-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #14
Banned

So is it really as bad as everyone thought it would be?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #15
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

It's the fact that the takedown system in general is based off weird video game logic instead of realistic timing.

An undeniable TD should be considered a takedown when you time it in the middle of someones power strike, head combos or kick.

If someone kicks you and it connects, you get a larger takedown window than you do trying to catch them in mid strike....what sense does that make?

Now we have this undeniable takedowns that you have to deny before they even start. Why not just make realistic takedown windows to deny in real time with larger windows depending on ratings, stamina and positioning...kinda like how it used to be in UFC 2...?

This isn't the right way to balance the stand up to the grappling.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
It's the fact that the takedown system in general is based off weird video game logic instead of realistic timing.

An undeniable TD should be considered a takedown when you time it in the middle of someones power strike, head combos or kick.

If someone kicks you and it connects, you get a larger takedown window than you do trying to catch them in mid strike....what sense does that make?

Now we have this undeniable takedowns that you have to deny before they even start. Why not just make realistic takedown windows to deny in real time with larger windows depending on ratings, stamina and positioning...kinda like how it used to be in UFC 2...?

This isn't the right way to balance the stand up to the grappling.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Yh the GA logic is a bit off in certain situations and the spear td definitely has balance issues. Heard its being discussed...don't know what action the devs will take if any, but hopefully it'll be addressed soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »