Home

What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate?

This is a discussion on What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:31 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What's the deal with undeniable takedown hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
It's the fact that the takedown system in general is based off weird video game logic instead of realistic timing.

An undeniable TD should be considered a takedown when you time it in the middle of someones power strike, head combos or kick.

If someone kicks you and it connects, you get a larger takedown window than you do trying to catch them in mid strike....what sense does that make?

Now we have this undeniable takedowns that you have to deny before they even start. Why not just make realistic takedown windows to deny in real time with larger windows depending on ratings, stamina and positioning...kinda like how it used to be in UFC 2...?

This isn't the right way to balance the stand up to the grappling.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Why can't we have both of scenarios ...#maketherearnakedchokegreatagain

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
It's the fact that the takedown system in general is based off weird video game logic instead of realistic timing.

An undeniable TD should be considered a takedown when you time it in the middle of someones power strike, head combos or kick.

If someone kicks you and it connects, you get a larger takedown window than you do trying to catch them in mid strike....what sense does that make?

Now we have this undeniable takedowns that you have to deny before they even start. Why not just make realistic takedown windows to deny in real time with larger windows depending on ratings, stamina and positioning...kinda like how it used to be in UFC 2...?

This isn't the right way to balance the stand up to the grappling.

Now with the takedown while being kicked, once it makes contact you can control the leg while they are off balance so I feel like that should be fine.. as for the rocked undeniable I just don’t see anyone being rocked and off balance and unaware of their surroundings being able to do anything about someone launching themselves at their center of gravity... has anybody been having the crazy fight changing turning points that people were thinking? Are people losing fights that they otherwise would not have from it, or is it more the fact that they just don’t want to be taken down? I’m pursuing this because the madden competitive community is so detached from reality that when they lose because of simple football fundamentals they attack the devs forcing them to take realistic football aspects out of the game... I just wonder if the things people hate about this game are because people truly believe that these things are defying real life physics, or if they are just defying video game physics... (if you know what I mean)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #19
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Now with the takedown while being kicked, once it makes contact you can control the leg while they are off balance so I feel like that should be fine.. as for the rocked undeniable I just don’t see anyone being rocked and off balance and unaware of their surroundings being able to do anything about someone launching themselves at their center of gravity... has anybody been having the crazy fight changing turning points that people were thinking? Are people losing fights that they otherwise would not have from it, or is it more the fact that they just don’t want to be taken down? I’m pursuing this because the madden competitive community is so detached from reality that when they lose because of simple football fundamentals they attack the devs forcing them to take realistic football aspects out of the game... I just wonder if the things people hate about this game are because people truly believe that these things are defying real life physics, or if they are just defying video game physics... (if you know what I mean)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You're talking to someone that ONLY defends takedowns. I think the grappling and takedowns are garbage in this game, so I don't even attempt them, so I'm speaking solely from a defensive prespective. I've been the one kicking and rocking players and realizing "why the hell do I feel like I have to pre-denial this tda when he's rocked or after it lands??" That advantage should be during mid kick, not AFTER I kick them AND it lands. I'm the one saying "wow, he really should've been able to take me down there" while my foot glitches into the opponents shoulder but a denial animation still kicks in lol. Takedowns are just terribly implimented.

If I deny a td and go into sprawl, I might grapple, but for the most part, I just avoid it. It's not fun to me because it lacks realism and feels off but if the fight goes there I'll sometimes go after em.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
You're talking to someone that ONLY defends takedowns. I think the grappling and takedowns are garbage in this game, so I don't even attempt them, so I'm speaking solely from a defensive prespective. I've been the one kicking and rocking players and realizing "why the hell do I feel like I have to pre-denial this tda when he's rocked or after it lands??" That advantage should be during mid kick, not AFTER I kick them AND it lands. I'm the one saying "wow, he really should've been able to take me down there" while my foot glitches into the opponents shoulder but a denial animation still kicks in lol. Takedowns are just terribly implimented.

If I deny a td and go into sprawl, I might grapple, but for the most part, I just avoid it. It's not fun to me because it lacks realism and feels off but if the fight goes there I'll sometimes go after em.

I'm the same when it comes to grappling. This constant faking stuff is a bit ridiculous to say the least. There's also the fact I'm on a normal TV up against people on monitors so I can't deny half the transitions anyway unless I pre-deny. If I sprawl someone I might try and take their back or if I get a reversal I might do something but I otherwise avoid it.

I don't think this undeniable was even need as I'm sure you get easier, not undeniable, but essier takedowns when someone is rocked anyway. You don't even have to pressure people intelligently anymore to get them to the cage either when you can keep side kicking and push kicking them halfway across the cage to get these cage takedowns which you have to pre-deny to avoid.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #21
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I'm the same when it comes to grappling. This constant faking stuff is a bit ridiculous to say the least. There's also the fact I'm on a normal TV up against people on monitors so I can't deny half the transitions anyway unless I pre-deny. If I sprawl someone I might try and take their back or if I get a reversal I might do something but I otherwise avoid it.

I don't think this undeniable was even need as I'm sure you get easier, not undeniable, but essier takedowns when someone is rocked anyway. You don't even have to pressure people intelligently anymore to get them to the cage either when you can keep side kicking and push kicking them halfway across the cage to get these cage takedowns which you have to pre-deny to avoid.
Yeah, it's just a mess imo. The monitor thing bugs the hell outta me too. We need real time everything lol, there might not be as much of an advantage using a monitor if meter filling wasn't a thing too. Give wrestlers the ability to chain a td off a strike, make takedown windows viable again instead of these so-called undeniable takedowns. It just all feels too much like a mini game instead of part of the game or even realistic.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »