Home

Quitting Fights: DNFs Need Attention

This is a discussion on Quitting Fights: DNFs Need Attention within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Quitting Fights: DNFs Need Attention

When I face a grapple that use lag to spam takedown and get advantage on ground/clinch I quit without any remorse... I just hate this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
There's a lot of people talking as though an opponent quitting isn't an issue. Which makes me wonder if these people do it?

In any competitive game, quitting prior to the match being finished, ruins the experience for others, whether it's a 1v1 game, or a team game. It's THAT simple. Quitting before the match has ended is just poor sportsmanship and selfish IMO.

I play ranked because I want the best possible experience from this game - I don't get that when playing against people who quit at the first sign of grappling, or quitting when they get rocked in the body and lose their stamina advantage.

Instead of realising their one dimensional strategy isn't working and trying something else, they'll bail and start a new match against some newb, then they'll feel like a Champ again.

This whole avoidance of learning the game and it's intricacies, ruins it for everyone else.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
I've rage quit sometimes, I'll admit that. But i guess the reason it doesn't bug me is cause i don't go for a ton of subs, and i usually laugh so hard when some one quits. I actually find it super funny. It doesn't give you a sub, but UT sucks so hard this year; you actually still play it? wow I was a UT only guy in ufc 2 but its just straight terrible this year.

I had a fight recently where a guy held me down for 4 ****ing rounds and did nothing, i'm stuffing TD's with GSP and getting nothing. He's lagging in and out. By round 5 i'd had enough.

They should fix the way it tracks the win, but you know whats selfish? expecting someone to sit there while you stall and do nothing. You win, suck it up. I guess when you reach your 30's stupid little **** like this just doesn't bother you anymore.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I've rage quit sometimes, I'll admit that. But i guess the reason it doesn't bug me is cause i don't go for a ton of subs, and i usually laugh so hard when some one quits. I actually find it super funny. It doesn't give you a sub, but UT sucks so hard this year; you actually still play it? wow I was a UT only guy in ufc 2 but its just straight terrible this year.

I had a fight recently where a guy held me down for 4 ****ing rounds and did nothing, i'm stuffing TD's with GSP and getting nothing. He's lagging in and out. By round 5 i'd had enough.

They should fix the way it tracks the win, but you know whats selfish? expecting someone to sit there while you stall and do nothing. You win, suck it up. I guess when you reach your 30's stupid little **** like this just doesn't bother you anymore.
No, I don't play Ultimate Team. I play ranked.

I'm glad you can take enjoyment from people quitting - I can't and never have. I come from FPS games like COD and R6 Siege - when people quit, whether on your team or not, it totally ruins that match.

When it's a 1v1 game, again, it totally ruins my experience.

Ban matchmaking for 15 minutes.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:

I'm glad you can take enjoyment from people quitting - I can't and never have. I come from FPS games like COD and R6 Siege - when people quit, whether on your team or not, it totally ruins that match.

Yeah team based games it really sucks. Sometimes you lose half the people just transitioning to the game. I suppose for me in ufc its just as satisfying as a submission. Its like this guy can't take the beating and waved it off. I always laugh. I even have 2 guys now that quit just when they see its me. Gives me a big laugh every time.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:

In real fight is pretty common, mir did this yesterday, Loma is a master in making his opponents quit, also corners sometimes throw the towell
Old 12-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
In real fight is pretty common, mir did this yesterday, Loma is a master in making his opponents quit, also corners sometimes throw the towell
Yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing. Would adding a little towel animation make you guys feel better? hehe
Old 12-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #31
Rookie

Martialminds suggestion was pretty good. Would discourage it and add to the experience, rather than pull you out of the experience. That's the issue for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Quitting a game in ranked should result in a 15 minute ban from matchmaking. Happens in other games and quitting ruins the experience.

Could be half way through a fight, you've finally sussed him out, then buh-bye, no finish for you.

Agree with this. I think we all rage quit from time to time hell even I do and a 15 minute time out would probably do anyone rage quitting good.

Speaking from experience. Lol. On another note, I will usually quit the game in the first minute if it's super laggy and I feel I'll be wasting more time playing than its worth, alot of people probably feel the same and it's probably why not too much has been done about it imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »