Home

EPL- season mode question/help

This is a discussion on EPL- season mode question/help within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EPL- season mode question/help

I am an American who has started following "soccer" just in the past couple years. I know all of the big names in the game, but as far as watching, i've only been able to watch EPL games on weekend. (Besides World Cup, etc.) I really enjoy watching EPL and i dont really have a favorite team yet.

Regardless, i am interested in playing EPL season mode. I understand that this cannot be done in PES out of the box. How much can these option files really help add this to the game? I am thinking about gonig the FIFA route just for the already in place EPL mode with all the rosters, teams, cups, etc.
Is my thinking wrong? Am i missing something? I dont want to wait for an option file that really doesnt accomplish what i am looking for.

Top things that intrigue me between the games.
FIFA- EPL mode in place. Co-Op season online.
PES- Teams play different styles. Slower/more strategic feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: EPL- season mode question/help

Well, with the option file you can get all the teams, kits and players in the Premier League along with the Championship league. Compared to FIFA you will lose the Carling Cup (not a big deal) and the English league but you gain the Champions and Europa League which is huge. FIFA has them but they're not licensed and they don't come into play until year 2.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Well, with the option file you can get all the teams, kits and players in the Premier League along with the Championship league. Compared to FIFA you will lose the Carling Cup (not a big deal) and the English league but you gain the Champions and Europa League which is huge. FIFA has them but they're not licensed and they don't come into play until year 2.

When you say that FIFA has them, but not licensed what does that mean? And they don't come into affect until year two?

By the sounds of it, as long as i have an option file, i should be ok with PES. Do you have any idea how long it usually takes for that 1st option file to be released by someone?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
The European leagues start in year one in FIFA 13.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

They don't use the name or the presentation that PES uses. Everything else is the same about it. When you play your first year there is no CL or Europa. You just play to qualify to play it next year whereas in PES year 1 you can be in CL or Europa immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
The European leagues start in year one in FIFA 13.
Oh my bad, didn't see that they finally changed it.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Rumours of no league mode in PES 2013 does this mean that we can't use option files to play the Primer league and other leagues not in the game.

if you want more information there is a big discussion on this website

http://winningelevenblog.com/

It's in the forums if you want to see the discussion hopefully this isn't true.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
Rumours of no league mode in PES 2013 does this mean that we can't use option files to play the Primer league and other leagues not in the game.

if you want more information there is a big discussion on this website

http://winningelevenblog.com/

It's in the forums if you want to see the discussion hopefully this isn't true.
You can still use Option Files and use them to play the Master League. I think what people were hoping with the boots issues in the ML was to be able to play a season mode instead but it looks like Konami have removed that as well. Not sure why they made these decisions. It is a good thing the gameplay is as good as it is or they would be losing more people to Fifa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »