Home

Konami Hints at What the Lead Platform Will Be for eFootball

This is a discussion on Konami Hints at What the Lead Platform Will Be for eFootball within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Konami Hints at What the Lead Platform Will Be for eFootball

After what can only be described as a less than stellar debut for the rebranded eFootball,...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Konami Hints at What the Lead Platform Will Be for eFootball

As always great article KG.

Had such high hopes for nearly two years whatever momentum they had was killed with that poor reveal. Graphics that we can only hope came from the scaled down mobile version combined with the lack of any actual information except a very vague roadmap about cross play. Silence would have been better received.

Even suggesting that mobile users can play with console users seems like a terrible idea. Cross platform should be limited to console and PC. Regular internet is sketchy for some people why would I want the added burden of someone's shaky hopefully 5g network combined with it looking like crap to accommodate phone specs.

This talk of 1v1's smacks of people who have never watched a real game. There's a reason only a few players are ever doing this. Do they just watch Allan Saint Maximim trying to take on the world for Newcastle or maybe they just watch old clips of Neymar wrecking opponents as a teen doing tricks and flicks? It often doesn't work out... because that's not how it works at top levels of football..

I can see why they want to copy FUT but their actually eSports tournament looks something closer to Pro Clubs. Why not lean into that instead, you could still monetize the heck out of it if they wanted to. Seems something similar to overwatch league could do wonders for the new eFootball brand instead of trying to be a copy of FUT.

There should be Dev Blogs dropping info about game mode DLC, gameplay and screenshots every couple of days and not more empty words if they want to turn things around.

Only reason people are even still willing to give it a shot is because it's free but at this rate people won't even waste the space.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-02-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Konami Hints at What the Lead Platform Will Be for eFootball

The bummer, as I see it, is that people + Konami only seem to be talking about power scaling in terms of visuals/graphics.

That conveniently ignores the fact that extra processing power can and is devoted to other game processes, such as AI. When you need to scale-down an experience for mobile, or a handheld like a switch, the power envelope is also concern that home consoles—being always plugged in—don't need to concern themselves with.

Since PES used to be the "gameplay is king" alternative, I'm more concerned about the lowest common denominator in regard to AI/logic, vs. anything purely graphical, like Messi's hair bouncing as he runs.

Oversimplification is the escape of men who want to avoid the duty demanded by true understanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »