Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2024, 02:52 PM   #14769
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Office Space

This movie still holds up well to depict office politics over 25 years later. Having multiple bosses repeat the same thing to you, outside consultants coming to "fix" things, the printer which is just way too annoying to get to work properly, etc.

Also, my favorite quote of the movie:

"Why should I change [my name]? He's the one who sucks."

Diedrich Bader steals so many scenes. Love that character.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 03-28-2024, 12:30 PM   #14770
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Immaculate

I have now seen Sydney Sweeney in exactly two roles, and the other was Madame Web. If there is one thing I know for certain from that movie now, it's this: if one person in a movie is poorly acting, it is the actor's fault; if everybody in a movie is poorly acting, it is the director's fault. Madame Web's poor acting is the fault of the director, because there isn't a hint of that in Sweeney's performance in Immaculate. She steals the entire film, and sells out by giving a very haunting one-take moment in the last act.

In fact, this film will live or die on its last act decisions, and regardless of which way you stand on it they will definitely stick with you. The first couple of acts have great use of tension, though riddled with a high use of expected jump-scare moments. Thankfully, the film itself runs at a lean-and-mean 89 minutes so it is breakneck enough to not overstay its welcome. I do wish the final act was stretched out longer as a result, though. Nevertheless, Sydney Sweeney does enough to keep you engaged and locked in.

There are many movies where I think being in a theater helps best, and although this theatrical experience isn't necessarily required due to the large screen and sound, it absolutely benefits from having an audience that can react to moments alongside you. This will be one of those movies that a reaction YouTube channel is built for. Because of this, although it hits many of the tropes that religious horror movies tend to hit, it is still experiential enough for a theatrical viewing that I would recommend it, provided that you have enough of a vocal/unrested audience with you.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM   #14771
Rookie

ingridguerci94's Arena

OVR: 0

Just recently some new and old movies. Not bad, enjoy yourself :

Cruella , 2021 : A live-action prequel feature film following a young Cruella de Vil.

The Woman in the Window, 2021 : Agoraphobic Dr. Anna Fox witnesses something she shouldn't while keeping tabs on the Russell family, the seemingly picture perfect clan that lives across the way.
The Dig, 2021 : In the late 1930s, wealthy landowner Edith Pretty hires amateur archaeologist Basil Brown to investigate the mounds on her property in England. He and his team discover a ship from the Dark Ages while digging up a burial ground.

The Last Letter from Your Lover , 2021 : A pair of interwoven stories set in the past and present follow an ambitious journalist determined to solve the mystery of a forbidden love affair at the center of a trove of secret love letters from 1965.

Last edited by ingridguerci94; 04-19-2024 at 10:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2024, 10:06 AM   #14772
All Star

OVR: 8

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Meh

I would rate this as the worst of the monster-verse movies. Lots of Kong, little Godzilla, and a very weird human story. The pacing was closer to that of an origin story, which was odd considering this is like the 5th movie in the franchise. It did have a few funny moments, and the few monster fights that we did get were entertaining enough (albeit ludicrous even by monster verse standards). Pretty disappointing overall.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:07 PM   #14773
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

The French Dispatch was pretty interesting tho it could have been a bit longer and the stories tightened up a bit to include some overlap of the three tales that were more connected together. Still, a solid B+, maybe even an A- if I'm generous and charitable.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-18-2024, 12:49 AM   #14774
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

^^^Really liked the soundtrack for that film. So much, that the original soundtrack didn't include the piece that plays during the closing credits so I ripped it directly from the film
Old 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM   #14775
All Star

OVR: 8

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

On a scale from 1-10, I would rate this movie Guy Ritchie.

Really solid movie. Good mix of action with interesting characters. It feels much shorter than its 2 hour runtime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2024, 06:09 PM   #14776
Rookie

I saw Immaculate, a very good, very bloody and terrifying horror film with Sydney Sweeney in the role of a nun.

Mini Militia App Lock

Last edited by berkeley; 04-26-2024 at 04:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »