Home

2023-2024 TV Season

This is a discussion on 2023-2024 TV Season within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2023, 10:48 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
2023-2024 TV Season

TV shows still partially exist this upcoming season. Many shows still on hiatus until the strike is over (I'd imagine as of now, even if the strike ends soon, no new shows will even be filmed/ready to air until January?).

Still a decent amount of shows out there, reality shows being the obvious since they're not impacted, and seems like streaming shows and animated ones (probably finished months ago) still around.

It'll be interesting to see what these networks scheduled really do look like come October/November. September at least you have summer shows winding down, and I'd imagine networks would be going extra crazy on Christmas specials/reruns for December to fill their timeslots, but between then, what do they have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2023, 07:05 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2023-2024 TV Season

I'm guessing streaming only or cable channel shows will be used. Yellowstone is an example of this. Then since they all have studios, they have plenty of good shows that never aired on network TV.

Then there are reality shows and celebrities are able to promote themselves as far as I know.

We could be headed for a full season without any new shows/episodes. It could help to trim some of the longer running serials that had good enough ratings to keep around while the shows were stale.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2023, 09:20 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I'm guessing streaming only or cable channel shows will be used. Yellowstone is an example of this. Then since they all have studios, they have plenty of good shows that never aired on network TV.

Then there are reality shows and celebrities are able to promote themselves as far as I know.

We could be headed for a full season without any new shows/episodes. It could help to trim some of the longer running serials that had good enough ratings to keep around while the shows were stale.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
The reality show part is the grey area to me for celebs.

Celebs are allowed to appear on it, but what would the reaction be if it's basically a celeb who supports the strike but still goes out of their way to continue working without needing writers.

One of the reasons I'm sure we haven't gotten (at least not yet) some sort of celeb reality show like Celebrity Big Brother (or some peoples hope one day of celebrity Survivor). I'm sure there's lots who would be interested in doing it, but would the pros outweigh the cons?
Old 09-05-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

That is a big issue but I'm sure they could get away with it by donating all the money to their union fund to pay the others who need the money.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

I've never heard of/watched The Traitors (it's some reality show I think), but their rumored cast for S2 includes Parvati, Boston Rob, Sandra from Survivor and Janelle, Dan from Big Brother.

That's basically mount Rushmore of those respective shows.

Shows like The Traitors and The Challenge seem to be really trying to bring in the other shows audiences and they're definitely making the show appealing. I would've watched The Challenge S2 but the ending of S1 just left such a bitter feeling to me, it was about as bad a finale as any reality show I've ever seen despite 1 of the 2 winners being one of the people I wanted to win.

Makes me wonder how these shows can get this kind of cast, but Survivor hasn't ever thought to do a Big Brother themed season of their show, or Big Brother does a Survivor themed season for theirs. You'd have big names from the other show playing your game, it won't be the same as just seeing them on their own show yet again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2023, 08:29 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

Sounds like the strike could be ending this week.

Obviously shows would have to have episodes written and everything, but seems like late winter/early spring we could see shows return.

Would shows just do condensed half seasons of 11-12 episodes and run March to June or something?
Old 11-13-2023, 10:11 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

With the strike over, who knows when we'll see shows back, but a possible sign of a very shortened season/very delayed start...Survivor and Amazing Race announced as having 90 min seasons again in the spring. So perhaps we won't even see other shows back until April?
Old 11-14-2023, 02:22 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
With the strike over, who knows when we'll see shows back, but a possible sign of a very shortened season/very delayed start...Survivor and Amazing Race announced as having 90 min seasons again in the spring. So perhaps we won't even see other shows back until April?
CBS Scripted Shows 2024

Wednesday, March 6
8 p.m. “Survivor” (two-hour episode)

Wednesday, March 13
8 p.m. “Survivor” (return to 90 minute episodes)
9:30 p.m. “The Amazing Race” (36th season premiere)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »