Home

Titanium Bowl Contest?

This is a discussion on Titanium Bowl Contest? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Titanium Bowl Contest?

Who here is signed up for ESPNs Titanium Bowl contest at ESPNvideogames? I signed up for it. Anybody else here signed up for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Titanium Bowl Contest?

I didnt sign since its going to be a cheese-fest. The frustration level would be too over the rainbow for me.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Actually they have it in the rules that you can't really exploit the cheese and if any of the admins think there was cheese involved they could disqualify the player.

Quote:
Hardware Requirements: Any manipulation of the PS2 or Xbox game platforms will result in disqualification. The game platforms must be as designed and constructed by their respective manufacturers.

Titanium Bowl 2K5™ registrants are free to use any customized controllers, however turbo controllers are prohibited.

Titanium Bowl 2K5™ Xbox registrants are prohibited from using memory cards or saved games.

Software Cheats and Exploits: Titanium Bowl 2K5™ registrants will be disqualified for use of some ESPN NFL 2K5 cheats and game exploits. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any player for any reason.

* Frozen Second Half: Exploitation of the Second Half 'timer' bug will result in tournament disqualification if used in the leaderboard qualifying period or the online playoffs. This bug allows a gamer to keep a game in perpetual pause by not kicking off the ball at the start of the second half. If your opponent is using this exploit, send your opponent an in game instant message to warn them of possible disqualification. If they still refuse to start the half, contact your match admin via the in game instant message system.

* PS2 Substitution Divergence Crash: All PS2 Titanium Bowl 2K5™ registrants are required to play all leaderboard qualifying period and online playoff matches after a fresh reboot. This will prevent the PS2 Substitution Divergence Crash.

* Repeated Start Activation: Registrants that continually press "start" to pause the game as the opponents play clock winds down will be disqualified. The exploit can not be used during the leaderboard qualifying or online playoff periods.

* Kick off/Kick return substitutions: Substitutions during kick off and kick return plays are prohibited and will result in disqualification from the tournament.

* Disruption of View: Any action designed to disrupt the opposing player's view of the field or ability to select controlled players is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Heres the link to the actual rule page
Titanium Bowl Rules website
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah I guess for free, I might as well. Just going to have to practice learning how to beat the DL/DE glitch and all of the other nonsense, or least understand a bit better how they work just in case I need to counter the cheese. I really cant see them disqualifying too many people though. Im positive there will be just as much cheese in the tourny as there is online now. Probably more since there is $10,000 on the line instead of just a dumb win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »