Home

I'm gonna miss the Sega AI over EA's "********" AI

This is a discussion on I'm gonna miss the Sega AI over EA's "********" AI within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #9
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I'm gonna miss the Sega AI over EA's "********" AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
EA's game is improving more that Sega with each installment.
,you must have the magical Madden then .While Madden's not bad,I think ea has not been bitten by the innovation bug in quite a while.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
,you must have the magical Madden then .While Madden's not bad,I think ea has not been bitten by the innovation bug in quite a while.
I agree, Madden hasn't changed much in a while. It seems ESPN makes a whole new game every year. (With major improvements) Madden seems to have a lot of last years game in it, with subtle improvements. (This year they decided to have the defense play like super humans. With CB's jumping very high and players taking perfect angles at other players)
Old 02-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #11
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

We will see if the innovation bug is even inspired to visit the Madden camp now that there isn't any real (or "licensed") competition.

It's all a matter of opinion, but I feel that the Sega/ESPN series has made more positive strides over the past 2-3 years or so. And this is from someone who used to be a diehard Madden fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

yknow....Madden has been around for a lot longer then 2K.

What leads you people to believe that once they got ahead in sales, or in a close second after a few years, that they would keep innovating a game instead of sitting on their laurels and doing small upgrades here and there? At their base they are still a corporation, which means making money and maximizing the profit as quickly as possible.

Me personally, I dont see much of a difference in the 2 games, play wise on standard sliders. One you can pass all over the other team, but not run. The other you can run over everyone in your way, but passing is a lot more difficult.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

A year ago if you said to me that by Feb. 2005 I would prefer VC's NFL 2k series over EA's NCAA you would be crazy....I had owned every NCAA for the PS2 and 2004 was one of my favorite games ever....This year how much did that change, 2005 is barely playable and thank goodness for ESPN or i would have been extremely disappointed...I paid an enormous $80 Canadian for NCAA to be shipped to me and on the same day I got ESPN for $30 (nearly 3 times less) and have put in significantly more time with ESPN and what time i put into NCAA i only ever did because i forced myself because i played so damn much of it...Numerous times i just had the cpu take over for me (no sim to end in EAs game) and finish out the game, simply cause i didnt care.

How they went so wrong in one year is beyond me, In the end, ESPN is my new favorite and ever since I have bought their NBA and CHoops games based simply on how impressed I was with football

Its gonna be tough without a new ESPN next year, but i know that 2k5 will be able to hold me over for the long season if that needs to be the case
Old 02-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I'd have to say that I won't be missing Sega's football game at all. I buy em every year but EA's game is improving more that Sega with each installment.

HUH?? You have got to be joking I hope.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

[quote=BigTim]yknow....Madden has been around for a lot longer then 2K./QUOTE]

EXACTLY! That is the exact reason why Madden SHOULD be leaps and bounds above the competition! but are they?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Did you even read the original post? no where did he mention franchise,it was about gameplay,while yes the ai was flawed in franchise,this is gameplay decision making,and please don't get started on gameplay decision making.
I have to agree with the original post,it's nice to see you don't have to go through all the adjustments to make the game play realistic.If you don't know what adjustments I'm speaking of,just take a look at what sm27 and others have done just to get a realistic sim.
Ok then, non-franchise, ESPN has "********" gameplay as well, happy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »