Home

Calling all fans & football geeks...

This is a discussion on Calling all fans & football geeks... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Calling all fans & football geeks...

I always need to give a shout out to you guys here at OS
If anyone wants to drop some knowledge for the upcoming 3rd version of the GCOrosters currently in the works, let me know here or at my site as well.

I've got numerous little projects going on to really help tighten up these rosters. And I've started it off with the Browns, in honor of the man Rickster, haha. For all the free pub he's been giving me, its the least I can do.

Topics I'm looking for any feedback on is:
- Any inside roster info on depth charts, rookies, etc. Ya know, the inside stuff. After all, no one knows their team like "you" do, and we all love to blab about them anyway, lol

- Current coaching/playbook tendencies. I don't wanna say it, but I will. I'm going to attempt to have custom team downloadable playbooks to go with the next roster update.

And I've got all the usual suspects as far as website info and where to go. I myself am a football nut (and I'm pretty sure my next purchase is for a TiVo to go along with our Sunday Ticket ). But just let loose with anything ya got. Even any player editing, ratings, etc.
I'll be in asking questions as well. As I hope to advance along more quickly as I get used to this, I'm shooting at getting a few teams done per day down the road. Yea, it might sound like a lot, and it probably is as I'm sure I'm babbling on pure ideas and emotion right now, lol. But I got a couple slow weeks at the "J" "O" "B" coming up due to Labor Day. So heres to the best ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2005, 03:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Calling all fans & football geeks...

Hey Chew,

Just joined your site and I love your rosters. There is one little thing I noticed, number 19 for the Vikings, Troy Willamson, whenever he caught the ball the announcers called him number 89. To fix this I just had to go into the editor in 2K5 and resave Troy Willamson after clicking through all the edit menus. (A five second process.)

I'm guessing this is because you didn't create him using the 2K5 editor (probably used Finns) and in order for the number and name sound index to work it has to be saved through the 2k5 editor. Just a guess . . . anyway it was just something I noticed and it's really easy to fix, I'm still playing around with your sliders but haven't found the perfect ones yet . . . (Everything seems right but I made running the ball a lot harder.)

Anyway, everyone here probably already knew my little "tip" but I thought I'd throw in my two cents and help kick off the discussion.

Thanks again everyone who is working on these rosters!!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_secondary
...Troy Willamson, whenever he caught the ball the announcers called him number 89. To fix this I just had to go into the editor in 2K5 and resave Troy Willamson after clicking through all the edit menus. (A five second process.)
I'm guessing this is because you didn't create him using the 2K5 editor (probably used Finns) and in order for the number and name sound index to work it has to be saved through the 2k5 editor...
Awesome, I actually did not know that.
Note to self - edit numbers using in game editor
Old 08-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_secondary
Hey Chew,

Just joined your site and I love your rosters. There is one little thing I noticed, number 19 for the Vikings, Troy Willamson, whenever he caught the ball the announcers called him number 89. To fix this I just had to go into the editor in 2K5 and resave Troy Willamson after clicking through all the edit menus. (A five second process.)

I'm guessing this is because you didn't create him using the 2K5 editor (probably used Finns) and in order for the number and name sound index to work it has to be saved through the 2k5 editor. Just a guess . . . anyway it was just something I noticed and it's really easy to fix, I'm still playing around with your sliders but haven't found the perfect ones yet . . . (Everything seems right but I made running the ball a lot harder.)

Anyway, everyone here probably already knew my little "tip" but I thought I'd throw in my two cents and help kick off the discussion.

Thanks again everyone who is working on these rosters!!
Very nice. I didn't know that either, so I have some work to do.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Hey Nick do u want me to do playbooks I have your IND, MIA, and I have the Ravens and 49ers. I could do them if u want. I don't want u to be stressed.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

the edge is now wearing a visor (clear)
Old 08-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
the edge is now wearing a visor (clear)
Yea I saw that too. Actually, I have not seen a single "dark" visor yet this pre season. Might be a new type of visor where they don't need them tinted or whatever.

McGahee had the same kind on tonight, as well as Braylon.

....check that. Mungro has a dark visor I guess.

Last edited by NickChew; 08-20-2005 at 10:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »