Home

EA's downloadable uni's in NCAA 07 (360)

This is a discussion on EA's downloadable uni's in NCAA 07 (360) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
EA's downloadable uni's in NCAA 07 (360)

even though i think this is a bad direction to take sports gaming (if we have to pay for em). There may be a silver lining. the fact that its possible to download uniforms for console sports games is another positive sign for a generic FB title. After the fans figure out the details on the best image size etc, etc to use, the same criteria 2k's designers would have used (wink). there would be a complete set of uni's done in no time. then we'd start to see some cool custom uni's and alternates. Im not realy concerned about the stadiums because it would just give the game designers free reign to come up with some cool stadiums with no constraints.
on a side note we may get a better footbal game without having the NFL looking over their shoulder : viscous late hits, helmet to helmet hits (along with the penalty), nasty injury animations. the more i think about it, im thinking this could realy work well with the technology and talented fan sites out here, and i bet more fan sites would pop up with alot of nice add ons and tips to make sure its done right, even thrird party editor software would surface from some VERY talented fans LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: EA's downloadable uni's in NCAA 07 (360)

LOL. Love the upbeat attitude. But let's not beat around the bush here. EA is officially in this for the money. Their focus no longer (was it ever?) has to do with putting out quality products. They no doubt spend as much time now debating which features they can leave out in order to change extra for, as they do discussing the content they plan to include in the game.

The whole thing is becoming a big joke, not that people couldn't see this coming with next-gen consoles and their “internet shopping” capabilities. I even stated last year EA would remove the ability to edit players, to prevent gamers on sites like this updating rosters which of course also cuts into EA’s profits. Want to play with a current roster? Have to get it/ buy it online and/or purchase the latest copy of the game.

The head-scratcher in all this is that gamers bend over and take it all in the rear - the extra charges and all the missing game features - then open up their wallets and say “Thanks EA for caring about me !” That’s weird.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
LOL. Love the upbeat attitude. But let's not beat around the bush here. EA is officially in this for the money. Their focus no longer (was it ever?) has to do with putting out quality products. They no doubt spend as much time now debating which features they can leave out in order to change extra for, as they do discussing the content they plan to include in the game.

The whole thing is becoming a big joke, not that people couldn't see this coming with next-gen consoles and their “internet shopping” capabilities. I even stated last year EA would remove the ability to edit players, to prevent gamers on sites like this updating rosters which of course also cuts into EA’s profits. Want to play with a current roster? Have to get it/ buy it online and/or purchase the latest copy of the game.

The head-scratcher in all this is that gamers bend over and take it all in the rear - the extra charges and all the missing game features - then open up their wallets and say “Thanks EA for caring about me !” That’s weird.

true i think its a load of $%^#, but i was realy focusing on the albility to use downloaded uni's. makes the idea of a generic game from 2ksports more and more feasible
Old 07-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought for sure this was going to be a Ea bash/2k praise thread.

What 2k did with their uni's, which was include just about every single uniform for each club since their inception was nothing short of spectacular. There are jerseys in the game I never knew existed.

As for NCAA, I feel like I'm missing part of the game. Is $60 not enough to get the whole game nowadays?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
true i think its a load of $%^#, but i was realy focusing on the albility to use downloaded uni's. makes the idea of a generic game from 2ksports more and more feasible
Got it. And I wasn't directing those "brainless gamer" comments at you BTW. It's just so ridiculously simple. Everybody: don’t purchase the downloadable content, and it’ll be included for FREE next year. Heck, pass on Madden, and you’ll get a much improved, full-featured game the year after, GUARANTEED.

People don't look any further than where their next Big Mac or Bud is coming from.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »