Home

Question

This is a discussion on Question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0
Question

i see 2k5 threads moving quickly,enlighten me,why do you guys play this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Because it's a great game.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Question

because even though the graphics are not as good as madden, the game play is 100X better. And for a game this old the graphics are not even that bad. I am a gamer who likes game play more than graphics so this game is my fav. football game
Old 02-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

It feels more real than Madden. I am not a huge sports gamer - I've only played NCAA 07, Madden 06 and 09, and NFL 2k5. And I can say without a doubt that 2k5 is the most believable of the three. With all of the EA games, I feel like I either spank the computer or get killed. If I set the difficulty too low, I break huge runs and make long passes all the time and they can't move it a yard. If it's too high, I get intercepted every other pass attempt and they score every possession.

Playing against the computer in Madden, runs are basically always 1-3 yards, almost never losing yardage and very rarely getting more than 4-5 yards. In 2k5, runs sometimes get stuffed behind the line, usually go between 1-4 yards, and occasionally they go for 20+ yards or even the full length of the field.

When passing in Madden, I can get 9 yards from quick slants 95% of the time. There's no point in going deep because lob passes are always batted away, dropped, or go out of bounds. Bullet passes almost always make it but are only good for short gains. In 2k5, long lob passes work about as often as they do in real life - occasionally but not all the time. I've also noticed that in Madden, my receivers will run out of bounds if they have an out route and there's no point in passing to any receiver with an out route. In 2k5, though, the receivers will stay in bounds and will also drag their feet much more reliably.

What it boils down to is I don't know if I'm going to win or lose a game in the first three minutes in 2k5.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

i always remembered 2k football being amazing but how do you deal with the old rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

As can be seen through various threads on the board, it is possible to update the rosters for the Xbox 360, even with the Slim. It's a bit tricky but it has been done.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
Rookie

It's really easy if you have an original Xbox 360. The hardest part is getting the cable, but that's only a few bucks on eBay.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

is all pro football the same as far as gameplay?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »