Home

Fearing Backbreaker?

This is a discussion on Fearing Backbreaker? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Fearing Backbreaker?

2k5 Faithful,

I am one of you. I have updated my rosters for years and have enjoyed the amazing gameplay of NFL 2k5.

I have also looked forward to the release of Backbreaker, as Im sure all of you have because we all share the same hate towards exclusivity.

Are any of you guys nervous that if Backbreaker is released and is golden (granted, doubtful) that it will ruin your experiences permanently with other football games?

I personally am. I am scared that I will become spoiled with full customization, a different hit every time and the Euphoria Engine and that it will hamper or completely prevent my purchasing of future football games like a new NCAA 2k game, a new NFL 2k game, or Madden (even though I dont buy it in anyway).

I'm not saying that this is a negative either. If Backbreaker is a gem, then Im sure all of us will have fun playing it. But I am a little concerned as to how 2k or EA will respond if it is a gem.

Anyone get what I mean>?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Fearing Backbreaker?

Like you said, if it would be a welcome enhancement, then so be it. I used to hang on to NHL 2K3 for many years for offline play b/c each following installment for either generation just didn't fill the bill for me.

But this will be a big void to fill for Backbreaker. And to sound like a broken record, yes, the bottom line will be gameplay and customizing that can reproduce and NFL like look and atmosphere. Without those 2, NFL2K5 will still have nothing to fear.

Backbreaker's creators and producers will have to be careful and consider that although they are not directly releasing an NFL game, they are releasing the tools that potentially can have gamers make it so (Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek TMJ<=== say in your best Michael Scott voice). Specifically, they'll have to be careful that they don't say anything to suggest NFL type capabilities, I believe.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

I'm looking forward to Backbreaker because of the Euphoria engine as I want to see how that looks and plays. BB having a franchise mode is huge because thats why 2K8 failed in the end. I didnt care for 2K8 to begin with and then you add in that there's no depth and replayability and well, it was one and done.

Back to BB, whether or not I stop playing 2K5 because of it still remains to be seen. Personally, I want to play with the teams and players from the NFL and can do that by updating 2K5 and quite honestly, unless the gameplay blows me away, I can safely say that 2K5 isnt going anywhere.

Either way, four more months to go.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I would welcome a game that makes me as obsessive about it as 2k5 does. I never thought I'd ever drop Front Page Sports Pro Football 98 either. I played it for years, ran online leagues, had numerous web pages for leagues with complete history on teams, Halls of fame, etc. It was an unrivaled passion... until 2k5. If something can knock this game off the hilltop, so be it. But like Will Rogers said, "Talkin' ain't doin'" I need to play it first.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

No NFL is a problem for me in Backbreaker. Might be an occasional exhibition game thing for me, but NFL players, uniforms, stadiums is high on my list.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
I would welcome a game that makes me as obsessive about it as 2k5 does. I never thought I'd ever drop Front Page Sports Pro Football 98 either. I played it for years, ran online leagues, had numerous web pages for leagues with complete history on teams, Halls of fame, etc. It was an unrivaled passion... until 2k5. If something can knock this game off the hilltop, so be it. But like Will Rogers said, "Talkin' ain't doin'" I need to play it first.
Man, if Front Page Sports allowed an unlimited amount of teams in a league I would've created an NFL league file years ago. What a game! So ahead of its time.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13
2k5 Faithful,

I am one of you. I have updated my rosters for years and have enjoyed the amazing gameplay of NFL 2k5.

I have also looked forward to the release of Backbreaker, as Im sure all of you have because we all share the same hate towards exclusivity.

Are any of you guys nervous that if Backbreaker is released and is golden (granted, doubtful) that it will ruin your experiences permanently with other football games?

I personally am. I am scared that I will become spoiled with full customization, a different hit every time and the Euphoria Engine and that it will hamper or completely prevent my purchasing of future football games like a new NCAA 2k game, a new NFL 2k game, or Madden (even though I dont buy it in anyway).

I'm not saying that this is a negative either. If Backbreaker is a gem, then Im sure all of us will have fun playing it. But I am a little concerned as to how 2k or EA will respond if it is a gem.

Anyone get what I mean>?
It's the direction gaming is heading.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

With 2k5 I was spoiled with a game that had outstanding animations, excellent presentation, and represented football better than any other football game ever. What Backbreaker is going to have a hard time with is those little details of football. I'm not worried about the customization, but I am worried about naturalmotion. So, I welcome Backbreaker to take the fooball crown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »