Home

Question about accurate stats on user 5 min quarters....

This is a discussion on Question about accurate stats on user 5 min quarters.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question about accurate stats on user 5 min quarters....

Hi I am curious if my linebackers will get accurate stats when playing on 5 mintute qrts.

A good linebacker will get over 100 tackles a season. That means he needs to get around 8-12 tackles a game. Of course on good days Ray Lewis or Takeo Spikes should get 15 tackles or something like that.

Also, will my lineman get accurate sacks per season???

I"m not asking for them to break records every year, but when I play Madden it always annoyed me to see my QB, RB, WR get to Pro-Bowls, but my linebacker will never get in because it's just hard to get that many tackles with the time per game.

I wonder if ESPN NFL Football will take care of that issue. It would be cool to have all 4 of my linebackers get to the pro-bowl because they had close to 80-120 tackles each along with some sacks and ints.

I really do hope that these stats are going to be accuarate for linebackers and linemens!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question about accurate stats on user 5 min quarters....

BTW, this is what is meant by the fans such as us wanting realism rather than dirty uniforms or different colored cleats.

If more people spoke out about these issues rather than game cosmetics then I think these problems would have been fixed before.

People do have the power to change if we unite!
Old 08-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

"impressive.....most impresssive"
Old 08-02-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
Hi I am curious if my linebackers will get accurate stats when playing on 5 mintute qrts.

A good linebacker will get over 100 tackles a season. That means he needs to get around 8-12 tackles a game. Of course on good days Ray Lewis or Takeo Spikes should get 15 tackles or something like that.

I"m not asking for them to break records every year, but when I play Madden it always annoyed me to see my QB, RB, WR get to Pro-Bowls, but my linebacker will never get in because it's just hard to get that many tackles with the time per game.

I wonder if ESPN NFL Football will take care of that issue. It would be cool to have all 4 of my linebackers get to the pro-bowl because they had close to 80-120 tackles each along with some sacks and ints.

I really do hope that these stats are going to be accuarate for linebackers and linemens!!!

No they won't. NFL2k3 centered their game pace around 15min quarters just like the really NFL; their for, the only way to put up these type of numbers are to play 15min quarters your best bet would be to control a linebacker and play on 10min quarters. Tackles should be a bit easier to come by because ESPN added gang tackles this year.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

Darth_Vader said:

No they won't. NFL2k3 centered their game pace around 15min quarters just like the really NFL; their for, the only way to put up these type of numbers are to play 15min quarters your best bet would be to control a linebacker and play on 10min quarters. Tackles should be a bit easier to come by because ESPN added gang tackles this year.

I know most people play 7 or 8 mintute quarters. Did you guys ever get your linebackers into the probowl? In other words, did their stats ever match up to the league leaders?

I'm not even talking about 1 linebacker...I mean at least 3 or 4 linebackers.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »