Home

Where's the QB Spies for the punks online?

This is a discussion on Where's the QB Spies for the punks online? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #1
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Where\'s the QB Spies for the punks online?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 12:52 AM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Where\'s the QB Spies for the punks online?

They're when you take your LB and watch the QB manually. Although I haven't really had a problem containing the QB. I've only had Vick break for about a 7 yard first down run on me, and I think that's the longest QB run I've played so far.

Then again, I only play people I know so that I don't have to deal with other people's garbage play. That and when I have tried to challenge people, they refuse, the online punks run scared from a good record.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #3
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

They're no spy plays in ANY playbooks this year. Sucks I know...
Old 09-06-2003, 12:58 AM   #4
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
They're when you take your LB and watch the QB manually. Although I haven't really had a problem containing the QB. I've only had Vick break for about a 7 yard first down run on me, and I think that's the longest QB run I've played so far.

Then again, I only play people I know so that I don't have to deal with other people's garbage play. That and when I have tried to challenge people, they refuse, the online punks run scared from a good record.

I came up with my own solutions, like not blitzing the lb on a zone blitz and using him as a spy, or using one of the backs in the wide cover 2 play(or safe as they call it). But even though the QB's are fast as hell, it isn't as bad as say not having spies in Madden, since controlling the defenders is a lot more difficult in that game.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Eagles I take off only when I have to. I make my reads if its not there I run or throw ball away. That is what west coast offense is about. What really makes me run is people stack inside with the bear, all out blitz to kill pocket. What am I to do but roll out. I usally get this first quarter until they finally play legit d then I step up in pocket and take my chances. If d keeps calling same play exdploit it. Madden is for one play wonders.

The way I stop running qbs mix up zone blitzes, lineman wide rush, corner blitzes and spy myself with a lb assigned to blocking back usally fb if I,m in man d. I set my audiables and play wide side of field.

VC did a great job of giving us a chance to stop cheeseballers by letting d adjust while O is comming to line. It is easier to put more d in position to make a play. I find more cheese on D than O. I find some of these guys getting frustrated they can't quick snap those sweeps and suction blocking is toned down and now that they can't catch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »