Home

A bit aggravated!

This is a discussion on A bit aggravated! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A bit aggravated!

I have been playing this game since Wednesday, and it's starting to make me mad.

Complaint #1

Nobody, and I repeat nobody in the NFL breaks tackles as much as the people in this game.

I play with the Bucs, and I have had Charlie Garner and about 6 other backs, shed tackles like they were being tackled by members of the Vienna Boys Choir. Garner broke free from Sapp, Brooks, Quarles, and Barber to run for a 50+ yard touchdown. If this was relatively rare, it would be one thing, but you can't tackle people with just a hit or two at least 60% of the time. I have had to just keep hitting people until they run out of bounds because I had no chance to tackle them.

And I have already cranked Human tackling up to almost full. Nothing, nada, zilch.

Complaint #2

I have had game (All Pro) where I have 200+ yards rushing, but under 100 yards passing. (7 minute quarters) Brad Johnson, and 84 or so Quarterback, plays like a drunk, and is joined in his stupor by McCardell and K. Johnson. This is crap. Yes, I audibled, motioned, Max Passing, etc... Still nothing. I have cranked up Human Passing and Catching sliders... nothing.

Complaint #3

The Kick Return game is screwed. The Bengals ran back 2 consecutive Kickoffs on me. 2!!!! THe Bengals!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I have also ran back an inordinate number of kickoffs. At least 6 or so since Wednesday.

Now before we start the flame crap, I am just trying to air a bit of frustration. I am looking for suggestions to help, or at least looking to see if others are having a few of these problems. Madden was not for me, and I just haven't liked Fever since the first one, so ESPN is my last option. NFL 2K3 was my game of choice last year, and these things weren't a problem for me then.

Ideas??

I am sure there will be plenty of clever troll comments to follow, but at least a few people here should know that I have talked about the things I do like with this game over the past few days. And I do like it! BUt some of the problems I am starting to have are robbing me of a bit of my initial joy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: A bit aggravated!

I know of bugs.... and sorry not one is a bug you mentioned... I've had no problems
Old 09-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

I never once said they were bugs, I just said they were crap things that had happened to me.

I have read other people talking about the Kickoff thing, so I know the AI is a bit...screwy in that respect.

My major complaint is the complete inability to tackle. How many tackles did Derrick Brooks really miss last year?? He misses about half of the tackles I attempt with him. The man is huge!!! Jeff Blake should not be able to shrug off a blast of a shot from Mr. Brooks!
Old 09-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
The Broski

MMan's Arena

I can tackle just fine... look at my dynasty...
Old 09-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Sliders ! Use them !!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Sliders ! Use them !!!!!

Old 09-06-2003, 06:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Sliders ! Use them !!!!!

Or, you could actually read my initial post.

Once again, the normal comments come out, and they don't even bother to read that I use the sliders.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I read that. Unless you are playing on Legend mode with tackling sliders maxed out and running sliders minimized all the way, then you need to keep tweaking them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »