Home

What do you guys have against created players?

This is a discussion on What do you guys have against created players? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What do you guys have against created players?

And dont start with the typical "Cuz its not realistic!" stuff, because I dont think in reality Warren Sapp sacks Brett Favre with a PS2 or Xbox controller.. So you tell me.

I love creating players because I change my simulation into fantasy like simulation to control the league the way I want to... no harm done.

You guys bash everyone who creates or edits players. Why? Every forum you bastards are the same, lol. You cant comment without saying someone sucks, or someone is a cheater, etc. Does it make you the best player on earth because you use the Browns and play in Legend where VC clearly has the sliders down and the CPU's up... thats not Smart AI.. it makes them smart, and me dumb.. THATS CHEATING. So by not bashing... explain please.

Created players or not, my plain Bills team can run over yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What do you guys have against created players?

Whatever floats your boat. If you want to create players go for it. I have never been interested in the create a player feature. I just could care less about it for some reason. I read about people creating themselves as super players and I personally just don't see why that would be any fun but if the create a player feature enhances your gaming experience then go for it.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

I like creating players, and don't mind maxing them out
(even though I don't do that), but when you get 9.5 sacks in one game... no, it's not realistic, nor is it fun.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Everyone's problem with CAP is because somewhere in the big score book in the sky, your stats with a CAP will be better than theirs without it. I don't create players but there must be a market for it if the feature is there and if Sega took the time to add a bunch of characters from their other video games.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Personally, I could care less. It's your $50 bucks, play the game how you want.

However, the thing that ticks me off with CAPs is when people start using them to evaluate a game. I've read too may posts that say "I created my friends and I (all maxed out) and played against the Texans on Rookie. I got 349 sacks! This game sucks! They need to patch this now!"

Also, this business of the CAP Free Agents is really annoying to me. I don't like CAPs, and don't feel that should be inserted into my FA pool. But I shouldn't have to go out of my way to avoid Walter Payton as a starter for the Cowboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I could care less what you do some people like to play the game on easy and win 78-0 everygame it's your game and your money go for it..personally i don't like to create super players etc..but that's my thing and I could care less what someone else choses to do no need wasting time bashing anyone for enjoying there $50 however they see fit
Old 09-22-2003, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3

i like creating players because i wanna see my boy that i gave life to be number one in most of the stats and blowing teams out that dont happen i even go as far to editing most of the star players on all the teams so they can be in the high 90's which is about a 2 weeks process
Old 09-22-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

I can live with your honesty. And of course, me and Roadpimp see eye to eye.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »