Home

Do you people get balance from the CPU Offense???

This is a discussion on Do you people get balance from the CPU Offense??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Do you people get balance from the CPU Offense???

Here's the deal...if the CPU runs the ball at least 25-35 times a game then you're linebackers will get their tackles. I know this because my MLB had 10 tackles in the 1st half when they ran it predominately, but then had 0 tackles in the second because they threw it more.

Now this sounds like common sense mainly because it is, but the reason why I am writing this is because I am wondering if the fans out there are getting balance from the CPU offense? In other words, 25-35 running plays and 30-40 passing plays.

If you guys are can you please tell me your CPU slider settings?

I have this feeling that the blocking slider is the key to this because I had the CPU blocking at the MAX and Carr threw 54 passes that game. I lowered it by 10 notches and then he threw 48 times. Although it was only one game, I am going to give it another shot and see if I get the same results if I replicate it.

The key is balance...not over 50 passes and under 15 runs!!! I play on 10 minute quarters so there are plently of time for the CPU to do both.

Ok so is there anyone wih input on what I just wrote?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2003, 09:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Do you people get balance from the CPU Offense???

I really don't know about your question in particular but I know the CPU will do what is working for them. If you notice, stopping the run forces them to pass. I have had some games where I was stuffing the run so the running attempts were few and far between. Then, I've had games where I couldn't stop the run to save my life and the back would get 30 carries.

I think it may be based on what you are giving them. If you let them run and pass then their Offense will probably be more balanced. But, if you take away a dimension of their offense then naturally that will force them to the other dimension almost exclusively.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Ricky Williams ran it down my throat to end the game when I couldn't stop him. The CPU protected the lead AND used the one guy i was having troublbe stopping.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

So you guys think it's all about the flow of the game? Well, I guess I don't have a problem with that, but what stunk was that when I was KC playing Houston, David Carr threw 54 times and had over 300 yards passing. You'd think that I would play more nickle and dime, and I did, but it didn't stop them at all...

It was kinda crazy, but you'd just have to believe me when I say this that I had some of his receivers blanketed and they still caught it!!!

I don't really know what to do to get them to run more...
Old 10-12-2003, 07:36 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Believe me if you play more nickel and dime they'll run on you more. I've only seen teams with good runningbacks stick with the run which IMO is realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2003, 12:37 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

I too have had this trouble and what I have done is set up my gameplay differently. My goal was always to stop the run, which would result in me stopping it. The CPU then always has to throw it. Set up your gameplan to stop the passing game and it'll run more.

Also, if your sliders are too easy, you will always be the one with the lead in the 2nd half,which will make the CPU throw it more. Ray Lewis has a lot more tackles nowadays since I've been losing a lot more games.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #7
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

My only gripe is that although the playbooks are huge, the cpu doesn't take full advantage of them. Also teams don't mimic the playing styles of their real life counterparts. The Titans, Vikings, Colts, and Browns are primarily one back offenses, but in ESPN they're often times in the split pro formation. The split pro formation is a solid set, but rarely do modern day NFL teams use split back formations on consistent basis. The backfied sets are usually an I formation, Weak, Strong, one back, and empty backfields.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »