Home

Brain dead AI at the end of the game and half....

This is a discussion on Brain dead AI at the end of the game and half.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2004, 01:37 PM   #1
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Brain dead AI at the end of the game and half....

This is the one thing that really needed to be fixed from last year's game. I had too many games where the CPU would do stupid stuff in terms of clock management and playcalling at end of the game and going into halftime. That pretty much ruined any resemblance to realism for me. Hopefully, the AI will be much smarter this go round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Brain dead AI at the end of the game and half....

You actually have to list what you think is messed up about it that way people could agree or disagree with you.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:
This is the one thing that really needed to be fixed from last year's game. I had too many games where the CPU would do stupid stuff in terms of clock management and playcalling at end of the game and going into halftime. That pretty much ruined any resemblance to realism for me. Hopefully, the AI will be much smarter this go round.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but I have a question. If the CPU's "stupid" tendencies almost "..****ined.." the game for you, why not play against human comp? I probably sound like a broken record with that response but I just don't understand how a gamer, in this age of online gaming and unlimited opponents, can complain about the CPU. I can understand if you don't have online capabilities but if you do?????

The only reason I ALWAYS bring this up is because I think the greatest strength of this series has always been multi-player.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but I have a question. If the CPU's "stupid" tendencies almost "..****ined.." the game for you, why not play against human comp? I probably sound like a broken record with that response but I just don't understand how a gamer, in this age of online gaming and unlimited opponents, can complain about the CPU. I can understand if you don't have online capabilities but if you do?????

The only reason I ALWAYS bring this up is because I think the greatest strength of this series has always been multi-player.

I'll answer for him in saying that I'm not a multiplayer. Honestly I can give a rats [censored] about multiplayer. I dont like playing humans for alot of reasons.

1. Some ppl cheese to much.
2. Some ppl cheese to much.
3. Some ppl suck.

I know the answer for those are just finding a group of ppl who play like me but my counter is simple. I would much rather play my franchise and replicate the NFL season.

The big thing for me is, I've grown into the habit of playing as if I was an NFL coach.(even though I'm far from being one) and the cpu, although filled with a few flaws, plays the exact type of game I do. So instead of looking for the ppl who play the game the same way I play it. I rather play the cpu who is guarenteed to play the way that I play it.

I understand that you must love multiplayer and all but I grew up on multiplayer and I dont even find it fun anymore. The challenge when playing humans is too inconsistent. I'm sorry to say but not everyone likes to play human opponents. I have both XBOX Live and the PS2 network adapter and out of all the sports games I had last year(EA as well as Sega) I played a total of 3 games online.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:

I'll answer for him in saying that I'm not a multiplayer. Honestly I can give a rats [censored] about multiplayer. I dont like playing humans for alot of reasons.

1. Some ppl cheese to much.
2. Some ppl cheese to much.
3. Some ppl suck.

I know the answer for those are just finding a group of ppl who play like me but my counter is simple. I would much rather play my franchise and replicate the NFL season.

The big thing for me is, I've grown into the habit of playing as if I was an NFL coach.(even though I'm far from being one) and the cpu, although filled with a few flaws, plays the exact type of game I do. So instead of looking for the ppl who play the game the same way I play it. I rather play the cpu who is guarenteed to play the way that I play it.

I understand that you must love multiplayer and all but I grew up on multiplayer and I dont even find it fun anymore. The challenge when playing humans is too inconsistent. I'm sorry to say but not everyone likes to play human opponents. I have both XBOX Live and the PS2 network adapter and out of all the sports games I had last year(EA as well as Sega) I played a total of 3 games online.

Preach it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #6
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not a online gamer. But that can't be a cop out for not having smart/competant AI. I had a lot of games where the CPU wouldn't use timeouts or plays that go to the sidelines at the end of the half or the game. And at the end of the game I can't remember a single time where the computer would attempt a long FG or try a hail mary. Some things like aggressively trying to win the game are important.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I respect your opinion Graphik although you sound "a tad" full of yourself and your gaming abilities, skills, etc. Sounds to me like your afraid of some healthy competition to be perfectly honest. Game merely stated that he's not an online gamer which is cool. You seem to be making excuses. The beauty of playing human comp is that your never as good as you think you are. You obviously do not care to find out if you "truly" have skills so that's cool as well. Different strokes...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

njskillz said:
I respect your opinion Graphik although you sound "a tad" full of yourself and your gaming abilities, skills, etc. Sounds to me like your afraid of some healthy competition to be perfectly honest. Game merely stated that he's not an online gamer which is cool. You seem to be making excuses. The beauty of playing human comp is that your never as good as you think you are. You obviously do not care to find out if you "truly" have skills so that's cool as well. Different strokes...

You can call it that if you want to. My experiences with playing human has been unsatisfactory at the most. I'm not saying I'm the best player out of the bunch, I'm saying that I'd rather play someone who plays my style of sports games. OS has been known as a place to find gamers such as myself but I'm not willing to spend the time scheduling a game and/or relying on another persons schedule when I could just play the cpu.

My bread and butter has always been franchise. I'm a stat freak who likes to run my organization as if I was really a team owner/coach. I've been apart of a few online leagues but its just not immersive enough to enjoy. Sure you can trade players, sign free agents and have normal stats and standings. Its just that I want more than that, thats why Maddens owner mode and now ESPNs weekly pratice sessions are for me. Its the stuff I've been waiting for.

As far as the gameplay aspect, I've continually dedicated time and efford to getting the cpu AI to play exactly how the game is played. Thats why you can find me in the slider thread testing or coming up with theories. I like to play the game the way its meant to be played and 9 times out of 10, you cant find an human opponent who plays the same so why bother. And its not about winning, cause I like a challenge more than anything, its about the way the game is played and with my online experiences, humans dont play the game the way its sopposed to be played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »